“Birthday celebration ”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

I was very pleased that the restaurant could fit in a party of 11, although we had to be there for 5pm. I was informed the tables were booked again for 7pm.
The food was all brought out together, & everyone said the food was excellent.
We had starters, & mains, but was then informed there was no time for desserts, as the table was booked for 7 pm.
Seeing as we paid over £350 for the meal I think it was out of order we were just dismissed so quickly.
Would think twice about going here again.

Reviewed 6 October 2017

Excellent service, excellent food. Already booked to go back.

Just a shame there is not a lot of room between tables.

Reviewed 6 October 2017

BEST steak place in Colchester! Was told by a friend to come here and that i wouldn't regret it. They were right. the Tara for starters was nicer than what i've had in Greece. The steaks were pefectly cooked and the service was 10/10 will 100% be coming back for more. p.s the chef drives an awesome car.

Reviewed 1 October 2017

There aren't many restaurants that are consistently good over a long period of time. I hadn't been for several years yet it still remains my favourite. I was not disappointed. I started of with the ttatziki which I love, friends had the stuffed mushrooms and the brie wraps. All divine. We all opted for the 12oz rib eye steak. The steaks were huge, sure they were more than 12oz, and the sides of chips, onion and tomato salad and onion rings amazing. After 20 years I still haven't made it to a desert so unable to comment, took 3 newbies this time and all converts. Well done Bella pais.

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Booked a treat for a friend that had been in hospital, only table we could have on our chosen date was 6pm and we were told that we had to be finished by 7.30 as they had a big party coming in. At around 6.45 we were constantly asked about if we wanted pudding or coffee and at 7pm we were asked to finish up as they needed the table. We pointed out we new about the big party coming in and had been told that we had to finish by 7.30, the waitress pointed out that some of the guests had arrived and were waiting outside and they wanted the table.
Have eaten here a few times before and had always found the food, service to be an enjoyable event, but not on this occasion. We had been telling our friends how good the place was, I think they would need some more convincing.