“Amazing STILL after over 20 years ...”
Review of Bella Pais

Bella Pais
Ranked #12 of 536 Restaurants in Colchester
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 1 October 2017

There aren't many restaurants that are consistently good over a long period of time. I hadn't been for several years yet it still remains my favourite. I was not disappointed. I started of with the ttatziki which I love, friends had the stuffed mushrooms and the brie wraps. All divine. We all opted for the 12oz rib eye steak. The steaks were huge, sure they were more than 12oz, and the sides of chips, onion and tomato salad and onion rings amazing. After 20 years I still haven't made it to a desert so unable to comment, took 3 newbies this time and all converts. Well done Bella pais.

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Booked a treat for a friend that had been in hospital, only table we could have on our chosen date was 6pm and we were told that we had to be finished by 7.30 as they had a big party coming in. At around 6.45 we were constantly asked about if we wanted pudding or coffee and at 7pm we were asked to finish up as they needed the table. We pointed out we new about the big party coming in and had been told that we had to finish by 7.30, the waitress pointed out that some of the guests had arrived and were waiting outside and they wanted the table.
Have eaten here a few times before and had always found the food, service to be an enjoyable event, but not on this occasion. We had been telling our friends how good the place was, I think they would need some more convincing.

1  Thank lynndilo
Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Lovely welcoming atmosphere with very friendly and informative staff, only slight bad point is very compact inside but lovely netherless and will definitely return.

Reviewed 28 September 2017

I went here with friends on a Sunday evening following my birthday in May and as we had not booked as we thought that being a Sunday we should be ok but the restaurant was full and there was not a table available for the four of us at 8.00 pm but there may be a table at 8.30 pm. We left our phone number and went up the road for a drink. After only 10 minutes we received a call to say a table was ready but we had only just got our drinks so would be back when we had finished them.

They had set the table for four and I had a lovely meal of a very large prawn cocktail followed by a gorgeous beef stroganoff. The prawn cocktail was on a fairly large plate with one half covered in prawns in a cocktail sauce on fresh lettuce leaves. For the price it was very good as I'd had another only a week earlier for the same price but that was in a small dish with about half a dozen prawns on shredded lettuce so this was much better.
The beef stroganoff again was large with lovely tender thin pieces of beef in a lovely sauce which was not too creamy. Following our meals none of us had room for desserts.
Food at the Bella Pais has always been good for all the years I have gone in there - mainly having the Greek dishes as Stefado and the lovely Kleftico.
This is one of the best restaurants in Colchester.

1  Thank Roosterlady
Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

Best steak in town.

My family and I choose this restaurant for special occasions as it is always up to a high standard and great quality.

Lovely restaurant with a varied menu.