“Excellent Food as always”
Review of Bella Pais

Bella Pais
Ranked #8 of 529 Restaurants in Colchester
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 September 2017

I went here with friends on a Sunday evening following my birthday in May and as we had not booked as we thought that being a Sunday we should be ok but the restaurant was full and there was not a table available for the four of us at 8.00 pm but there may be a table at 8.30 pm. We left our phone number and went up the road for a drink. After only 10 minutes we received a call to say a table was ready but we had only just got our drinks so would be back when we had finished them.

They had set the table for four and I had a lovely meal of a very large prawn cocktail followed by a gorgeous beef stroganoff. The prawn cocktail was on a fairly large plate with one half covered in prawns in a cocktail sauce on fresh lettuce leaves. For the price it was very good as I'd had another only a week earlier for the same price but that was in a small dish with about half a dozen prawns on shredded lettuce so this was much better.
The beef stroganoff again was large with lovely tender thin pieces of beef in a lovely sauce which was not too creamy. Following our meals none of us had room for desserts.
Food at the Bella Pais has always been good for all the years I have gone in there - mainly having the Greek dishes as Stefado and the lovely Kleftico.
This is one of the best restaurants in Colchester.

1  Thank Roosterlady

Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

Best steak in town.

My family and I choose this restaurant for special occasions as it is always up to a high standard and great quality.

Lovely restaurant with a varied menu.

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

First time here, busy and buzzing tables little squished but completely forgot everyone once my steak arrived. 22oz T-bone - heavenly ordered sides lovely but shouldn't have bothered. Best steak had so far this year WILL return :-)

Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

I took my wife and daughter here in July. The steaks are quite simply to die for!
The steaks are delicious, you pay for each item separately so chips and veg are additions although you can share those between 2 people
The staff are friendly and entertained my daughter with friendly jokes.
I would definitely recommend if you love a good steak!

Reviewed 13 September 2017

80s decor with great food and service , the best place to go in town if you love a great steak to eat