The Brentwood Hotel
US$93
US$143
US$128
Orbitz.com
Ibis Rotherham East(Rotherham)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$83
The Welcome Inn(Rotherham)
US$59
US$80
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsflaming grillthe pubfamily mealplenty of hot wateriron and ironing boardpleasant staygreat value for moneydouble roomcooked to perfectionfamily roomplenty of parkingwould definitely stay here againcomfy bedsaturday nightthe ground floormy mumfood was lovely
Reviewed 9 April 2018

Hotel was lovely, the staff were really friendly & the pub attached to it was decent & served a wide variety of drinks. We had a twin room which was in a separate building behind the main hotel & restaurant & we had a really noisy neighbour who had his television on rather loud at midnight! He turned it down but still took a while to get to sleep. I would recommend as the hotel was fine, you just cannot help your neighbours sometimes!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

came with partner having previously visited and found food to be very nice. ordered 2x double dipped rib eye... not the cheapest item on the menu.. .. well done for myself med-rare for partner. mine was fine but partners was more well done than mine was! also it was supposed to be served on a bed of onions and there was none on his. no one did a check back to make sure our food was ok so I went over to the bar to let them know that partners steak was really not cooked how we asked it to be... there was about 8 people waiting to be served so I decided to go back to table as if i had of waited the food would have been cold. partners steak was extremely well done and he wasn't happy kept looking around to make staff aware bit could not spit anyone so we are our meals even though partner was unhappy. a few mins after finishing a lady came to take the plates away asking if food was ok I said mine was but partners steak was not medium rare it was very well done and we didn't have a check back ... she didn't even apologise she just asked if we wanted any deserts and when we said no she took the plates away. very disappointed with what is usually a very good service and nice place to eat. feel bad that I have had to post this review but felt I had no other choice.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 March 2018

On arrival ,plenty of parking places , Good clean room , plenty of hot water , staff freindly and helpful, nothing is two much trouble , well worth another booking, food was good and reasonably priced to

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Joanne W, Hotel and Events Co-ordinator at The Brentwood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Thank you for leaving such a positive review. We are really pleased that you enjoyed your stay here with us at the Brentwood and found us to have ample parking space. I'm happy you found the hotel room to a good standard, all the team to be friendly and helpful and the food to be good and reasonably priced.

We always pride ourselves on giving our guests the best experience possible from start to finish and all our friendly team are more than happy to help . We would be delighted to have you stay again with us in the near future.

Kind Regards Jo

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

We came here as previously our last visit some time ago was rather different to this one. A very large rude lady who later turned out to be the General Manager greeted us with great difficulty with "or r8 love" , we found a seat and looked through the menu to which we ordered 1 medium well stake, and one cod farther, I then waited at the bar for what seemed to be a Life time for her to come and take my Oder, she then garnished out drink wrongly, we sat back down to watch her disappear into the kitchen to what sounded to be some kind of comedy act going on, never in all my life have I heard a women as loud and as obnoxious to what must have been the chef, all the customers in the restaurant must have heard her shout and swear, our meals arrived 20 minuets latter my partners looked like it had had the life sucked dry from it crisp to a pulse, so she asked to return it to which we got a massive argument that " that's how stake is love " finally she agreed to return it after huffing and puffing with great difficulty, 10 minuets in and we're both still waiting mine Luke cold I decide to start, to my surprise I found a human hair on my fish, I then called her over to ask her to cancel the steak and just to take mine back which yet again I got a massive debate about the fact "chicken has bones" my reply to be it's fish ? Huffing and puffing she finally agreed to take it away leaving a very nice assistant Manager to deal with us without any discussion or coordination as she had washed her hands on the matter and disappeared into the back to slam and crash what I can only imagine was my very cold hair contaminated meal, the assistant Manager couldn't apologise enough and refunded us the meal, how the general manager ever worked her way to that position is beyond belief, please train your GM on how to deal with customer issues and general hygiene, manors cost nothing ....or better just do with her all together and promote your assistant to her position as what I could she she had a lot more to offer than she did.

Stayed: March 2018
1  Thank Rhys G
Joanne W, Hotel and Events Coordinator at The Brentwood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2018

I am really sorry to hear of your poor experience here at the Brentwood/Flaming Grill Restaurant. This is extremely unusual behaviour. Can you please contact me on 01709 382772 so we can discuss the matter. I appreciate your time.

Kind regards Jo Wilde

Reviewed 3 March 2018

Just stayed at The Brentwood for 4 nights and i have to say that i was pleasantly surprised with the service provided by the staff in both the hotel itself and the adjoining Flaming Grill pub.
I have to say that i feel the hotel rooms could do with a lick of paint and maybe a bit of refurbishment but nevertheless the room i stayed in,No7, was very comfortable.That is the only moan i can write about.
Positives far outweigh the 1 negative though. The receptionist on arrival and lady that served our breakfast, Liz, was fantastic and i have to say, has to be one of the most helpful members of staff i have encountered in hotels.Nothing was any trouble and she managed to book me in early after a long trip to Yorkshire which was really appreciated.
Along with a colleague we used the Flaming Grill pub for our dinners on all 4 of our nights whilst staying in the Brentwood. The food was amazing (didn't meet the chef but well done chef) and priced very reasonably.The staff here were also great and very friendly especially Sarah who couldn't seem to do enough for me..lovely young lady.
If in Rotherham again i wouldn't hesitate to stay at The Brentwood. Well done girls.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank DarrenR70
Joanne W, Hotel and Events coordinator at The Brentwood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2018

Thank you so much for your lovely review. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay at the Brentwood and found the team to be helpful and friendly. We always strive to give our guests a warm and friendly welcome and a great experience throughout their stay. I have took on your comments about the potential for refurbishment and will address this accordingly. I will also personally pass on you kind comments to Sarah and Liz who are great members of our team.

Once again thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. It is always very much appreciated.

Kind regards Jo