“Food ok but service poor”
Review of Pizza Express

Pizza Express
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Bright and modern, PizzaExpress Sutton Coldfield offers an exciting reinvention of Italian classics. A vibrant menu includes wholesome Romana-style pizzas with adventurous topping combinations, as well as fresh salads, an impressive range behind the bar and aromatic coffee blends. Family-friendly Pizza Express gives kids the chance to design their own pizzas.
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

Kids menu good value. My egg was overcooked but everyone else's was fine. Not the best food but wasn't awful and was reasonably good value. The service lets this place down however. Service was slow and one of the waitresses wasn't very friendly. They got one of the orders wrong and didn't bring out another one of the meals. Some of us had finished our meals by the time the other meals were finally brought out. Took 2 hours for kids meals and adults main (adults didn't dare order desert for fear of never being able to leave!). Coffee was cold. Waited ages for the bill. Waited ages for someone to collect the bill, so I took it to the till where the staff were stood around chatting. After I had paid I explained that I hadn't left a tip because the service wasn't great. The lady on the till got the manager who said he would email me that afternoon with a voucher but he didn't. The explanation was that they had a large hen party in. That was true but the restaurant wasn't busy and the service was still poor even after the hen party had left. Won't be returning.

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

Visited here at least 7-8 times since May 2017 as it is very close to my house. Drinks are definitely expensive , a small Peroni is almost £4. Starters and pasta are poor but pizzas are good. They offer 2 courses for 10.95 recently but I would prefer one of the course to be desert instead of starter. I don't go there to eat a starter, but a pizza and desert after. If they could include a drink to set menu that would be more attractive. 2 main courses with one drink each and 1 kid menu shouldn't cost more then £30.

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

Visited here for a little treat for our son. Waitress came over quickly and took our order for the starters and main course for our son. After a few minutes she took ours. Starters were very good . Main course came but they forgot our young sons tea. They made an excuse but they forgot . We got half way through ours and a little tiny pizza came out . We ate the main course and pudding for our son. Got the bill and it was £52 For a very plain meal. £3.70 For a small tub of coleslaw . Then also the delivery came in his bike. Parks it and scares the wits out banging the window. Collects his stuff throws the door open and everyone else jumps . Knocks the chairs over outside . Overall overpriced average at best food. They only got 2 marks cause the starter was very good.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

We had two very nice pizzas, the Classic Fiorentina and Classic Veneziana with Large Peroni and 250ml Soave wine. The service on a busy Monday night was very good. The bill with 25% discount voucher came to £27.00. The music by Remy Harris Trio was fantastic, during Birmingham Jazz Festival Week. Regards Gary Saunders

Reviewed 2 July 2017

Three of us ate here on Thursday evening, the front area was full but the back was empty apart from us and another table- that's unusual for here. New decor and seating is good.
I had the new menu seafood pasta which was very tasty, light and creamy, the others had the new breaded chicken and salad which got the approval. Plus a side of garlic flatbread which was tasty.
The wine is always good here, we each had a glass and my Sicilian Chardonnay was good. Bottle of mineral water and a jug of tap water for the table.
Two of us shared the new strawberry tiramisu, it's a good portion and that provided the sweet end to the meal. However, traditional coffee tiramisu would your preference if you are a true fan of that dessert. Peppermint tea is good, made with fresh mint leaves.
We used a 25% food voucher and paid £20 each including a tip.