“Breakfast Disaster ”

Price range: US$8 - US$15
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the Toby Carvery Sutton Park. When it comes to roast dinners, we really know our stuff. Every day our chefs lay on a feast of tender, hand-carved meats with all the trimmings – including towering Yorkshire puds, golden roasties with all those lovely little crunchy bits, and plenty of freshly prepared veg, all crowned with proper gravy. So it's no wonder we're Sutton Coldfield’s favourite carvery restaurant. Drop by and you'll find lots more on offer, including cooked breakfasts and tasty specials.
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Bank Holiday Monday not busy we we're told to go and help ourselves to breakfast
Don't forget there do this everyday
No sausages No beans No bacon No Hash browns and then they took the bread away so no toast

General Manager A, Manager at Toby Carvery Sutton Park, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Hi, so sorry to read you were disappointed with your visit. This doesn;t sound like our usual breakfast experience at all. I do hope you come back to us so we can turn your experience around for you. Many Thanks

Reviewed 25 May 2018

15 of us went to eat at the carvery. The team there coped very well with us and there were lots of other people there too. Meats were generous and good quality. Veg, very good. Yorkshire puddings looked impressive but were a bit tough. Crackling good too.
Used a 2 for £10 offer which made it good value. Note that if you want a starter or pudding almost as good to pay the normal full price and then these are discounted.

General Manager A, Manager at Toby Carvery Sutton Park, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Hi Lynn, thankyou so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We hope too see you again soon

Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed a very good breakfast here today. Unlimited food and coffee for £13.96.
My family member recommended the sausage. I usually avoid meat in the morning, but succumbed. I'm glad I did!
All the items on the breakfast menu are very good. The filter coffee is of a decent quality, too.
More expensive than Wetherspoons and less expensive than Harvester. However, the breakfast at Toby seems to be better than both of the other two.
A delightful female host adds to the pleasant experience.

General Manager A, Manager at Toby Carvery Sutton Park, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2018

Hi Paul, thank you so much for your great review! We're so pleased you enjoyed your visit with us... Hopefully we will see you soon.

Reviewed 22 May 2018

I'm guessing nostalgia drove me to a quick meal here because it used to be a 'special place' for me and Mum !! .... Keeping with tradition , a drink first and a quick starter .... As for the main event .... It's always been a little inconsistent but on this occasion there was a nice guy on the carving deck ... and that's the important thing really in a place like this .... You NEED someone with a bit of personality who doesn't feel awkward dealing with the public !! No problems here ... Big smile , very friendly and a sense of humour !! Nice selection of veg , beautiful roast potatoes and some groovy gravy !!! I might have missed out on recently replenished veg because a lot of it was warm as oppose to hot .... However ... did that bother me ?? Not really !! Food doesn't hold forever but if it still looks good and tastes good I'm happy with that !! It's a great little destination place , you make an effort to go there for the surroundings and getting off the high street and in that respect it never disappoints .... Service was friendly as ever ... Not gold standard .... Just on the right level for me ... At the end of the day it's part of a big chain so you get what you pay for and I was more than happy ... I didn't even go overboard at the carvery but I work most Sundays so it was just nice to have a roast dinner in the middle of the week with someone else washing up !!! Would I go again .....?? Definitely yes !!

Hi, thankyou so much for your great review. We hope to see you again soon! Have a great day

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

Visited for breakfast. Was very nice. Staff could smile a bit more. They ran out of coffee twice but was quickly replenished. It is quite expensive but then it is all you can eat!

General Manager A, Manager at Toby Carvery Sutton Park, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2018

Hi Jess, thankyou for taking the time to leave a review for us. Sorry to hear you feel the staff were not friendly enough, this will be put forward to them and rectified... Thankyou