All reviews exercise classes dry float outdoor pool steam room drawing room buffet lunch aqua jet conservatory area rose garden aromatherapy massage refurbished room sun loungers spa staff my mum relaxing break spa hotel evening meal
Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

Booked a two night three day break with friends. Initial impressions of the house and grounds were great. Rooms were okay, a little dated, but comfortable and very clean. Bed in my room (1) very comfy. Bathrooms had very hot towel rails which heated the whole room uncomfortably. Facilities were also adequate and clean. Public areas tidy and comfortable. An excellent boutique to browse in.
Spa very nice and we Had a warm welcome and excellent treatments in the spa from professional And very capable staff.
Restaurant staff were helpful, pleasant and accommodating. Breakfast and lunch were excellent. Dinner however came out Luke warm but was tasty, but perhaps the portions could be a little bigger, especially for the gentlemen visitors.
I reported a room problem after the first night which was not rectified by staff and resulted in a second night of no sleep. When queried the following morning, instead of dealing with the problem correctly the manager told me that I should have called down in the middle of the night so that I could have been moved. I’m sure most people wouldn’t want to traipse around a hotel in the early hours to change beds, a very comfy bed too, especially when staff had plenty of time to rectify the fault during the day and if they couldn’t, should have informed me and moved me during the day. I was not impressed with that response at all.
I feel a partial refund would have been more appropriate as a service I had paid for and been promised wasn’t fulfilled. Ie Sleep!
The attitude of the management soured a pleasant few days away and let down the other hardworking staff and I won’t be returning.

Date of stay: September 2018
3  Thank Classic1531
Reviewed 29 September 2018

Had a lovely relaxing Day Spa experience with friends. It was interesting to see the photographs in the book in the Drawing Room showing how the house had been restored from near dereliction. The grounds are lovely to walk around on a sunny day. The pool area had plenty of places to sit, the showers clean and plentiful hot water. The buffet lunch healthy but filling with soup, a great mixed salad buffet with meats, quiche and fish, and a small dessert...although I wouldn’t really describe melon plus orange and a tiny piece of mango as fruit salad!
Spa staff were very friendly and professional and the mud wrap treatment so relaxing.

Date of stay: September 2018
2  Thank Avianbird
Reviewed 25 August 2018

WE were first tempted by a 'special offer' and understood that we would not be given the latest of refurbished rooms, but were delighted to see we had an original spacious room in traditional style. Furniture was dated as was the bathroom, but the bed was very comfortable. The cleanliness throughout the hotel was excellent.
Wifi was everywhere and they have a 'no phones in public rooms' policy which was well received by everyone we met.
All the staff were cheerful and happy in this tranquil place. There were plenty of loungers seats and tables both inside and outside. Lots of Spa day guests each day, but we still found plenty of room too. Treatments of all sorts and drinks etc. are served at your lounger. Outside there is a big heated swimming pool and acres of walks through copses and around the lake, all sorts of wildlife to enjoy and the only other sound was the hourly Toot from the Minehead to Bishops Lydeard steam train!
The Breakfast was a good healthy buffet (yep! no sausages etc. as this IS a Health Farm) but everything provided was in abundance and tasty. Dinner was excellent too. we did not have lunch as Breakfast was sufficient, but looking at the buffet it looked superb.
having spent 2 nights there we quickly booked again and were not disappointed.

Room tip: Newly refurbished rooms on the top floor have good open views, but a bit hot this summer!
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Andrew T
Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed for one night on Sunday with 3 friends. Lovely place & beautiful surroundings. Evening meal was delicious, but although breakfast was included you have to pay extra for a cooked breakfast (!) which we all thought was not worth the £6.50 each - half a mushroom & half a tomato (?!)
Overall the spa is nice & relaxing but we were puzzled as I had called a week before to book treatments and was told that they were fully booked on the Sunday ...I called again 2 days before arriving to try & book a treatment for the Monday morning but was told by a different lady that there was availability on Sunday for the treatments I wanted(?)
I enjoyed both the Aqua jet massage and the Dry Float and can recommend both but was surprised to find that the treatment area was empty and the rooms had to be unlocked!! We summised that there were not enough staff available!
Was also disappointed to see that on the day of checking out the treatments I’d had were on offer at just £10 each!
We weee also unaware that there was an outdoor pool with loungers, which we would have taken advantage of as weather was good - but on arrival we were not made aware of the facilities on offer or breakfast times etc ....an induction would have been nice!

Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed 20 August 2018

Stayed overnight with 2 friends to celebrate our friends forthcoming marriage. Overall i felt that there were so many restrictions, while i appreciate it ia a health spa it is also a hotel and guests should be able to decide what they can and cannot have. You have to book afternoon tea before your visit , there is a healthy scone with coconut cream available and i heard a guest asking for clotted cream to be told they have to order it in.
At dinner we ordered wine and the young man got the order wrong and his response to us was " MY BAD" i had to explain to one friend what this meant. The meal was very good indeed . We sat in the bar area and had a really good gin cocktail HOWEVER when we went to order a second at 9.20 were told the bar was closed as they had cashed up, we offered cash but was told no. So there we were at 9.30 , grown women unable to have a drink to celebrate the end of our evening !!! Felt very much like the hotel was running on skeleton staff and penny pinching on stock available to guests.

Room tip: Our room was a hefty climb up several very steep staircases, so check when you book.
Date of stay: July 2018