All reviews town centre car park busy road good size four poster breakfast was freshly cooked on site parking would stay again cricket ground full english excellent location tea coffee booked this hotel the ground floor comfortable beds business trip room was large
Reviewed 11 October 2018

I stayed for 3 nights initially and then a further night later in the same week. The staff were very welcoming and helpful. Great to have off road car parking.
The hotel is very clean, stairs and landing might welcome a little decorating, but the rooms I used were ideal, with comfortable beds and easy to use showers in the en suites.
The breakfast room is welcoming and the breakfast very good indeed and I was impressed that I was able to welcome a friend living in Taunton to join me for the early meal.
I will certainly visit again very soon. If you are visiting Taunton don`t hesitate to book in!

Room tip: The front of the hotel is on a main road, so rooms in that part of the hotel may be noisy. Ask for a room elsewhere.
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 20 September 2018

Easy to find, lots of on-site parking, very close to central Taunton, very comfortable beds, spacious bed room, breakfast was fine and the breakfast room nice, pleasant and helpful staff, certainly I would stay again.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank DAVID V
Reviewed 9 September 2018

Stayed one night whilst on business in Taunton. It's well placed for walking access to the town center and they were kind enough to let me to leave my car on their car park the whole of next day. It's a very clean environment and the staff are excellent. Would return here when again in Taunton.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank vpattni
Reviewed 31 August 2018

The hotel was easy to find with adequate parking, we had breakfast at the hotel which was good and value for money. The room was nice unfortunately i can not say the same for the bed; it was a divan that looked good on first inspection but proved to be uncomfortable. The base unit under the mattress had collapsed, i was going to bring this up when we checked out however on checking out we were rushed and the person checking us out vanished before i could say anything. Customer service and communication could be improved

Room tip: Make sure that the bed is OK
Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Having stayed in quite a lot of places recently I’ve decided that for me four main things are most important . The bed, the shower, the breakfast and the towels . We were lucky enough to have three beds . Two were fine. One was rather uncomfortable . Shower middling . Towels rather small and insubstantial . Breakfast was fine but not large . An absence of baked beans made the plate look a bit empty. Perhaps an offer of more sausages/bacon etc would be good ( but that is admittedly the exception rather than the rule elsewhere ). Room was a good size , everything was very clean , lots of car parking space and very central . Lovely views out of the front . Cheaper than the Blorenge ( where we stayed last month) for equal quality . Would stay again .

Date of stay: August 2018