All reviews health club swimming pool on arrival reception staff wi fi business trip we've stayed evening meal lounge area family room west country good nights sleep one night stay breakfast was excellent cooked breakfast sausage motorway
Reviewed 28 June 2015 via mobile

Me & my family visited this hotel on the way to Cornwall & stayed Friday night leaving Saturday morning. I can honestly say that on the 3 visits I have made including this one that everything has been kept at the same standard over the last few years since my first visit. Everything from the reception service to the rooms themselves to the food & drink is treated with a can do attitude which other hotels could learn from, a definite to stay at if you are passing through this area

Trip type: Travelled with family
TNTSSGM, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Taunton M5, Jct. 25, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2015

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel while on your journey to Cornwall. I was delighted to hear that you found the services and food to be excellent and that the staff were very helpful and friendly. I will make sure I pass on your kind comments to the team. It's always lovely to hear to such positive feedback from our guests. The staff at the Holiday Inn Taunton always try to go the extra mile for the guests and we are glad they exceeded your expectations on this occasion. Thank you once again for your feedback.

Reviewed 27 June 2015

Lovely clean room, great swimming pool, no complaints about the facilities.
Food was a bit of a muddle but the staff were great, just seemed they needed a few more sometimes. Lack of food at breakfast was the most inconvenient, but we were a large group.
Main upset was the cost of a bottle of house wine, at £17+ for a bottle, it was a pale and uninspiring disappointment.

Room tip: Not aware of any problem areas
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. I was delighted to hear that you found the services and the staff to be excellent. I will make sure I pass on your kind comments to the team. It's always lovely to hear to such positive feedback from our guests. The staff at the Holiday Inn Taunton always try to go the extra mile for the guests and we are glad they exceeded your expectations on this occasion.
I was disappointed to hear that we did not meet your expectation during breakfast. Please accept our sincere apology for the issues you experienced particularly during breakfast. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly.
Thank you once again for your feedback.
I do hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Reviewed 26 June 2015 via mobile

Just off the motorway but not noisy.Hotel very clean thoughout.Helpful staff good breakfast selection.Rooms a fair size comfy beds plenty of nice fluffy towels.Large reception and lounge with bar serving drinks and light meals.
Swimming pool

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. It's always lovely to hear to such positive feedback from our guests. Thank you once again for your feedback.

Reviewed 20 June 2015 via mobile

We stayed at the Holiday Inn on Fri 19th Jun 2015 and what can I say, apart from we were not let down.

Our friends were staying just around the corner at the Holiday Inn Express and the hotels are only 5 minutes walking distance apart.

We were in a Club Room with a fully stocked mini bar. Complimentry tea, coffee, hot chocolate, still and sparkling water and a complimentary bar of chocolate each.

Our room was tastefully decorated with a nice flat screen TV (excellent picture quality) and a good range of tv channels Inc Sky1.

We only had a double bed which was a negative point, as we are used to a King size, but for one night this was not a major issue but we dud find it rather small.

The bathroom was clean and stocked with the usual, shampoos etc..

The room overall had a nice clean smell and a good ambience overall.

Aircon was quiet and worked.

Trouser press, room safe, hairdryer and kettle all present and to top it off, free 24hr wi-fi, lounge access which was a nice touch. Free room access to wi-fi would of been nice however...

We found the staff very pleasant and welcoming Inc housekeeping.

We were offered a full English breakfast upon check in which was on offer for approx £8.50 each, but we were meeting friends at the Holiday Inn Express the following morning, which had a Harvester next door and serves all you can eat Continental and full English for £4.99 so we declined this offer.

A nice hotel overall and as you would expect, a nice environment.

We would certainly stay again.

Date of stay: June 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
TNTSSGM, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Taunton M5, Jct. 25, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2015

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel before your skydive. I was delighted to hear that you found the services and food to be excellent and that the staff were very helpful. I will make sure I pass on your kind comments to the team. It's always lovely to hear to such positive feedback from our guests. The staff at the Holiday Inn Taunton always try to go the extra mile for the guests and we are glad they exceeded your expectations on this occasion. Thank you once again for your feedback.

Reviewed 10 June 2015

Stayed here three nights while visiting family in Taunton. Very good sleep quality away from the M5 and no noise in corridor from residents.

Everything we needed in our room to a high standard of cleanliness.

Had breakfast each day, and the only complaint was the coffee served at the breakfast table didn't match the quality of the two coffees we had later mid-morning from the Starbucks? machine from the bar. Why can't the breakfast coffee be to that higher standard of the bar coffee?

Plenty to eat at breakfast and efficient staff. Note free wifi seemed to be for guests in their loyalty card system which we are anyway.

We will be back!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
TNTSSGM, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Taunton M5, Jct. 25, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2015

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your 3 night stay at the hotel. I was delighted to hear that you found the services and food to be excellent and that the staff were very helpful. I will make sure I pass on your kind comments to the team. It's always lovely to hear to such positive feedback from our guests. The staff at the Holiday Inn Taunton always try to go the extra mile for the guests and we are glad they exceeded your expectations on this occasion. I will pass your comments on to our Food and Beverage Director to look at when they are reviewing the coffee standards. Thank you once again for your feedback.