Got an excellent deal (50% off) for a compact room but were upgraded (without asking) to a standard room. Very friendly receptionist, made us feel welcome. Shame we weren't told restaurant was fully booked for the evening. When we returned to our room after a short walk we went downstairs to eat only to be informed that they had no room. We had to get all dressed up again and go in search of somewhere! (Temperature was well below freezing that evening)
Points to note
1) The window in our room didn't close properly so noise (from smokers?) in alleyway can be clearly heard.
2) The bed was far too soft giving very little support.
3) Partition wall very thin so could clearly hear conversation next door.
4) Chambermaids sitting on stairs doing nothing when we went down to breakfast didn't create a good impression.
The breakfast, £5 if booked in advance was good with plenty of choice. Also a very good hospitality tray etc.
It's a quirky old building and if they sort out these small items it's somewhere I'd be happy to recommend
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Independently owned character hotel ideal for both business and leisure travellers. Within walking distance of the centre of Somerset's County town Taunton, this 45 bedroom hotel has been transformed to meet the demands of the modern day traveller. Late 2015 the complete refurbishment of the bar & restaurant has created a relaxed drinking and dining venue. Ideal for business or pleasure. Emphasis has been placed on developing a simple yet stylish and comfortable sleeping experience. All rooms have linen duvets, ample work space, refrigerators with complimentary bottled water and fresh milk, flat screen televisions and sparkling en-suite facilities. Free Wi-fi is available throughout the hotel. A flexible combination of meeting and eating rooms and excellent road and rail connections make the Corner House a convenient location for day and residential meetings. The hotel has on site car parking and is in an ideal location for visiting many of the nearby Somerset attractions or as a stopover en-route to or from the Cornish peninsula. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers and Hotels.com so you can book your The Corner House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Corner Hotel Taunton
- The Corner House Hotel Taunton, Somerset