All reviews bay room spiral staircase hotel dogs maple cottage hatch beauchamp duck egg cosy bar quiet village fresh milk rear garden black pudding log fire continental breakfast home grown small hotel upgraded room this lovely hotel
Reviewed 10 July 2016 via mobile

The staff were lovely but unfortunately the food wasn't to my liking, we bought a deal on groupon for 2 steak meals and a glass of wine each for £24.
My fiancé had a lovely steak meal but i asked for my steak medium rare and it came out medium to well done.
I complained and they went and cooked me another steak without any issues.
This time it came out rare and 20% of it was fat, plus a tiny bit of metal scourer.
I felt really rude to tell them that my steak was wrong again and i had metal in my food but felt i had to voice my opinion on here so other people can just be aware.
Sorry to have to give negative feedback but i feel that this could be improved upon.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2016

We stayed at this small country hotel as we wanted to visit the Fleet Air Arm museum, about 15 minutes away. The hotel is very well situated, being only 10 minutes from Taunton and the motorway but in a quiet village. Our room overlooked the "main" road but very little traffic went past as the village has a by-pass. Our room was very comfortable and a good size and the bathroom was also a sensible size.
Staff were all friendly and very courteous. We ate in the restaurant on our first night and it was so good we immediately booked dinner for our second night. Breakfast was also excellent and I especially liked that the cooked element of it was done when you were ready for it, not left in chafing dishes all morning.
It is a small hotel so there are not lots of amenities but what is there is very good. A small bar and a small lounge but a large garden to walk in.

Room Tip: the rooms are all different sizes. ours was one of the smallest but still a good size
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
FarthingsHotel, Manager at Farthings Country House Hotel and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2016

There is a great deal more to do in the area and all within very easy reach of the Farthings, so we do very much hope that you will find an excuse to book a return visit and thus, we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back. Very best wishes, John & Team

Reviewed 27 June 2016

Went here for afternoon tea, plate of sandwiches was 4 triangles of cheese and pickle and 4 of smoked salmon, no choice offered and I do not eat either. 1 scone that was rather unappetizing and 1 slice of lemon cake, not well presented and sat in entrance lounge. Won't be going back.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Janet O
Reviewed 16 June 2016 via mobile

A warm welcome, comfortable room, good service and good food. Only drawbacks were very noisy heating(?) at 5.45 am and breakfast starting at 8 - only a problem because I had to be in Taunton for a meeting by 9.
The village of Hatch Beauchamp is very small but has some interesting houses if you fancy a short stroll.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
FarthingsHotel, Director of Sales at Farthings Country House Hotel and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2016

Thank you so much for your kind review and for taking the time to write it, I wish you had informed us that you needed an early breakfast as we can normally arrange a chef to come in a little early and if not we can always do a continental breakfast tray for your room.

Kind regards

Shaun

Reviewed 14 June 2016

Sadly only had one night here but what a treat. The staff were courtesy and as a solo traveller I was delighted to have such a gorgeous room. The evening meal was excellent and gardens so beautiful and lovingly tended. I would almost be tempted to head down this way again simply to revisit this lovely country house hotel

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo

Wow, what can I say but thank you. It's lovely to hear that all the teams hard work is appreciated.

Kindest regards