We just spent one night on the way back from a wedding and arrived tired and stressed but it was a really good place to unwind and we had a very good sleep. Since the bypass this is a very quiet spot (I grew up in the area and remember when the road used to thunder through the now peaceful village). The charming young man who greeted us told us that the present owner took it over in a bad way six years ago and there is perhaps still some refurbishment needed - the dining room is a bit tatty with wires attached to the dado rail etc but it is obviously on its way and is very comfortable and english country house in style, our bedroom at the back was also country house style and very comfortable with thoughtful touches like black out curtains which meant we had a great sleep. Breakfast was cooked to order and the lady serving was very cheerful and friendly. There's a comfortable sitting room and separate bar area and a lovely garden with dogs, chickens and pigs beyond which alll added to the rural ambience. All in all a very pleasant place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Delightful Country House Hotel. The building dates from 1762 and carries many of it's original fetures. Delightful, individually decorated rooms, lovely restaurant offering the best of locally sourced & seasonal produce, log fires by winter and lovely gardens by summer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Book Direct Rooms and Booking.com so you can book your Farthings Country House Hotel and Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Farthings Country Hotel
- Farthings Country Taunton
- Farthings Country House Hotel And Restaurant Taunton, Somerset