“Lovely dinner”

Skewer House Taunton
Ranked #3 of 289 Restaurants in Taunton
Price range: US$13 - US$39
Description: Portuguese restaraunt. Serving traditional espetadas. Made famous by the festivals on the island of Madeira. A family run business. Based around the concept of sharing.
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I had dinner at this place last year and I loved the food.
We had fish skewer (Madeira’s style) and it was delicious. Good natural flavours, juicy, very tasty.
The staff was nice and friendly as well. Is not to expensive at all, comparing with other places in Taunton. I believe we paid around 20 pounds per person with dessert (starter, sangria, fish skewer and dessert).
I definitely will go again.

Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

We were back staying in Somerset a few weekends ago, I’ve been to the Skewer House restaurant before, without my partner, this time I wanted to take him seeing as I kept going on about the “flaming chorizo”. My partner being such a food critic said the garlic bread, was the best garlic he’s ever tasted, period. (Which is true). The flaming chorizo is also so much fun and cooked to your liking. Service was great as always, busy restaurant but staff always greet you with a smile. Each member of staff we spoke to had their own unique personality too which just makes the Skewer House more authentic.
Thanks so much once again, and we will see you when I’m back in Somerset (seeing as we can’t stay away). Thanks!!!

*****

Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

I have wanted to go here for a while and was not disappointed. Good food recommendations from the owner really helped and the food was fantastic. Plenty of garlic which I love. The Portuguese Custard Tarts were as good as the ones in Portugal. Not expensive either. Will return.

Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

The food was beautiful, our server was funny, charming and very handsome!! I had a lovely evening and we throughly enjoyed the food we ate. We went when it was very hot which I wouldn’t advise as the food is cooked right in front of you! An amazing experience but more than a little sweaty!! Lovely evening and would happily go again.

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

We went here as a large group of work friends to celebrate a birthday, we had a little cove all to ourselves which was nice. The tables and chairs were all mismatched which made it feel very homely and cosy. The staff were very friendly and attentive. We all had sharing skewers between couples and there was plenty of food, the flaming chorizo sausages were delicious as were the olives, all the food was very freshly prepared and very tasty. Would definitely recommend to others and we will defend return soon!