All reviews four poster bed lovely apartment town centre two bedroom apartment drinking chocolate the room was nicely decorated full english breakfast old fashioned recommend staying here self catering last saturday somerset county cricket ground kings college nice breakfast cricket festival comfortable stay
Reviewed 23 August 2018

We stayed here some years ago and it seems nothing has changed. If you want a town centre hotel within easy reach of the shops and with pubs and restaurants nearby then this will be suitable. It is probably closer to a B&B than a hotel but it does come with a pool in the garden.

It's close to the cricket ground and the station so the location can't be faulted.

As mentioned elsewhere, the rooms are somewhat dated but appear to be clean. Ours was of a good size but the bathroom was a bit of a squash - shower only. Breakfast was okay. We booked direct and weren't asked to pay anything up front which makes a nice change these days.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

Lovely little gem of a hotel I found great for the cricket. Clean, friendly with a great pool all you could ask for. Will definitely be returning with company. Thank you for making my stay so pleasant.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

I needed a place to stay due to an impromptu business meeting. I was very impressed, excellent room and friendly staff and, great location. I would highly recommend to anyone well worth the money and I would definitely return.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 23 August 2018

I've stayed here a few times and I'd certainly go back, the hotel is a beautifully decorated Victorian building very convenient for the centre of town, but still quiet. The beds are very comfortable, the breakfast was great and the staff are very helpful. There's a heated outdoor pool which I didn't have time to use

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

Flawless. Loved staying here with my family for a weekend getaway. Facilities were clean and food was delicious. Easy to get around Taunton and view the sights. I would recommend staying here and we would definitely stay again!

Trip type: Travelled with family