“Good quality”

Ranked #7 of 447 Restaurants in Wakefield
Price range: US$25 - US$67
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Cow Shed focuses on serving local seasonal produce, cooked with a modern English style – presented to you in our cosey and intimate dining room by a professional team of attentive waiting staff, and accompanied by a wide selection of wines.
Reviewed 29 March 2018

Decided to have a mushroom stroganoff instead of my usual steak and it was lovely, good friendly service an£ excellent value for money

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

I visited the cow shed not so long a go, the steak I had was cooked perfectly for me and I really enjoyed it, food came quickly and all staff greeted us very well. But my favourite part of the night was eating the homemade honeycomb cheesecake, which was to die for. The only down side was that the restaurant is really small and I felt like other people could listen in to our conversations and wasn’t much drinks choice, but that won’t stop us from coming again! Loved it!

1  Thank Chelseam9998
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

We went here for a meal yesterday and it really was very good. The staff were helpful, friendly and not overbearing. Our friends were quite late arriving, but never were we made to feel pressured or rushed.
The food was of great quality, particularly the steaks. The portions were all plentiful and considering we pretty much ordered the dearest things on the menu, along with several bottles of wine, the bill was most reasonable.
All in all a great restaurant to try.

Reviewed 22 March 2018

I frequently visit The Cowshed for lunch. The staff are always friendly and happy to help and the food always very good and beautifully presented. I can highly recommend it.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

Another visit and again, just yum! Birthday table of 12 near us but we got lovely table with candles in alcove to set mood. Not crammed in like some places. Friendly polite staff. Delicious steak. Love it!