All reviews beans car park central location free breakfast good size small selection town centre parking is limited the sofa bed room was large fresh fruit short stay modern hotel cooked breakfast duty manager tea and coffee making facilities saturday night
Reviewed 23 December 2015

Booked this at the last minute, the hotel is not that easy to find using the sat nav, although once you know where it is THEN is seems easy to find. But fortunately for me one of the staff who were working on reception that day directed me round Wakefield and right into the carpark...where he was waiting to make sure it was me that was driving in,(which I though was a nice touch),only sorry I forget his name otherwise would have mentioned it on here. There we parking spaces available and the parking is directly outside the hotel which provides not only security for the car but safe parking for a female on their own as it is well lit.
The room wasn't particularly big, but big enough for what I needed, I was located at the back of the hotel so the views weren't that scenic but I didn't mind as it meant I was facing the quiet side of the town so had a good nights sleep. The room and bathroom were both spotless, housekeeping are doing a fantastic job if all the rooms are like this. I liked the little touch with the firm and soft pillows to chose from too. No complaints whatsoever with the room.
The bar area is new, modern and trendy. Nice seating area, lovely big sofas to sit and relax on or trendy bar stools to sit and the bar and enjoy a cocktail.
Breakfast the next morning was good, a small selection of warm food, 3-4 to chose from (this is only a small hotel) inc toast and this selection was adequate for me and the food was of good quality. Also a decent selection of cereals and breakfast staff pleasant.
This was a quick booking for an overnight stay on a works party night, I just needed a bed for the night and somewhere safe to stay. I got that and more, this is a lovely, new,spotlessly clean hotel with friendly staff. If I was staying in Wakefield City Centre again I would definitely stay here and would recommend this hotel to anyone else looking for a good quality hotel for the night.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
Emma P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wakefield, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2016

Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review on tripadvisor, it seems you enjoyed your stay with us and I am pleased to hear this - I have looked at the rota and it was Steve that directed you into the car park so I have passed on your kind comments to him.

I do hope we can welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

kIND regards

Reviewed 21 December 2015

Stayed here again for my works xmas do. Decent price for a city centre hotel. Friendly staff, they helped me out in my hour of need not packing any hair gel! bless em - Room was big, modern, very clean and comfortable bed.

breakfast fine - although being hung over, was always going to be a struggle - Think the sausages were a little over done

No hesitation in recommending this hotel -

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your recent review on tripadvisor and your kind comments, I am very pleased to see that you enjoyed your overall stay with us and I do hope we can welcome you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Kind Regards
Emma

Reviewed 19 December 2015 via mobile

Well we're to start ? On arriving we were greeted by a lovely young man called Stephen on the desk he explained everything and was so polite and professional but down to earth me and my husband liked that . We then went up to our room fantastic will add pics . Lovely nights sleep even tho it was a Friday night and week before Xmas. On arriving back to our hotel on the evening aft my husband treated me to a lovely meal out followed by enjoying the xmas fun of mad friday.one of the staff members who works in hotel but was off duty was very drunk and very angry and I was very scared and upset by his violent outbursts then to add insult to injury another staff member a girl well put it this way seeing was believing what she was doing while climbing onto bar and stood on it .so got up breakfast was perfect my husband had another booking with this hotel on xmas eve seeing as the location is perfect for town scene but I was that up set by the staff members and to be honest frightened if the 2 staff members are still there my husband cancelled our booking we won't be returning to this hotel which is a real shame seeing it was our first time there and I seriously wouldn't recommend this hotel to any one to say this hotel has only been open a year I think it's a disgrace that the staff are like that

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wakefield, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2016

Dear debscool,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding customer service. We will address this concern. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 15 December 2015

Excellent budget hotel just off the high street, pubs and restaurants, Room excellent, great shower. Breakfast is fine. I have stayed in worse and paid a lot more. Excellent value for money and would happily stay again.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 December 2015 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay here. The room was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was lovely and clean with good facilities. Staff were polite. We were in a good location to travel into Leeds quickly and easily. We enjoyed our trip and would return again.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple