All reviews beans car park multi storey central location good size free breakfast small selection town centre the sofa bed short stay room was large front of house fresh fruit modern hotel cooked breakfast duty manager tea and coffee making facilities
Reviewed 21 December 2015

Stayed here again for my works xmas do. Decent price for a city centre hotel. Friendly staff, they helped me out in my hour of need not packing any hair gel! bless em - Room was big, modern, very clean and comfortable bed.

breakfast fine - although being hung over, was always going to be a struggle - Think the sausages were a little over done

No hesitation in recommending this hotel -

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo
Emma P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wakefield, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2016

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your recent review on tripadvisor and your kind comments, I am very pleased to see that you enjoyed your overall stay with us and I do hope we can welcome you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Kind Regards
Emma

Reviewed 19 December 2015 via mobile

Well we're to start ? On arriving we were greeted by a lovely young man called Stephen on the desk he explained everything and was so polite and professional but down to earth me and my husband liked that . We then went up to our room fantastic will add pics . Lovely nights sleep even tho it was a Friday night and week before Xmas. On arriving back to our hotel on the evening aft my husband treated me to a lovely meal out followed by enjoying the xmas fun of mad friday.one of the staff members who works in hotel but was off duty was very drunk and very angry and I was very scared and upset by his violent outbursts then to add insult to injury another staff member a girl well put it this way seeing was believing what she was doing while climbing onto bar and stood on it .so got up breakfast was perfect my husband had another booking with this hotel on xmas eve seeing as the location is perfect for town scene but I was that up set by the staff members and to be honest frightened if the 2 staff members are still there my husband cancelled our booking we won't be returning to this hotel which is a real shame seeing it was our first time there and I seriously wouldn't recommend this hotel to any one to say this hotel has only been open a year I think it's a disgrace that the staff are like that

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wakefield, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2016

Dear debscool,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding customer service. We will address this concern. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 15 December 2015

Excellent budget hotel just off the high street, pubs and restaurants, Room excellent, great shower. Breakfast is fine. I have stayed in worse and paid a lot more. Excellent value for money and would happily stay again.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 December 2015 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay here. The room was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was lovely and clean with good facilities. Staff were polite. We were in a good location to travel into Leeds quickly and easily. We enjoyed our trip and would return again.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 December 2015

New hotel very central to the city centre staff so well trained and polite.
Room's very modern and clean breakfast was included in price but the same every day .
Parking in front of hotel but limited spaces.
Down side there's a pub/night club to the right of the entrance of hotel, unfortunately our room looked over the courtyard where the pub visitors go to have a smoke and a punch-up.
The racket on a weekend with fighting swearing kept us awake .
Overall its a very decent hotel.

Room Tip: Don't get a room near the pub.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business