All reviews beans car park multi storey central location free breakfast good size small selection centre of town the sofa bed limited parking train station pubs and restaurants front of house short stay room was large fresh fruit modern hotel
Reviewed 3 December 2015

New hotel very central to the city centre staff so well trained and polite.
Room's very modern and clean breakfast was included in price but the same every day .
Parking in front of hotel but limited spaces.
Down side there's a pub/night club to the right of the entrance of hotel, unfortunately our room looked over the courtyard where the pub visitors go to have a smoke and a punch-up.
The racket on a weekend with fighting swearing kept us awake .
Overall its a very decent hotel.

Room tip: Don't get a room near the pub.
Date of stay: April 2015
Reviewed 30 November 2015 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights and had a very come table stay. The reception staff where very friendly and polite. The room was clean and comfortable and the hotel is very central.
It was a perfect stay but I hear you say why did you put almost. Well the walls are not the thickest and I had a couple having sec above me that woke me up at 3.30am as the lady was very noisy in her screams. This carried on for over a hour but I guess that's not the hotels fault and no I was not jealous before you ask.
I would recommend this place.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Matt A
Reviewed 30 November 2015

Really great price for what you get... A warm welcome by reception as a returning IHG guest
Reception advised to book for restaurant and the food was nice with a very attentive waitress
Room was clean and bright, iron was missing from the room but that was bought up straight away as soon as i made a phone call to reception

Good selection for the buffet breakfast as well to start your day off well

A very pleasant stay indeed

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Emma P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wakefield, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2015

Dear Guest

Emma

Reviewed 29 November 2015

Well positioned in the centre of town,a clean and well presented hotel, the room was fine with a really good bathroom, a couple of points that let the place down are the sound proofing not good at all,heard noisy voices coming from all directions and the breakfasts are not up to much cereals, fruit and juices all ok but the cooked selection is poor, beans scrambled egg and sausage, no bacon, was told it's company policy no bacon and in our case no sausage either we had to wait 25 minutes for them to appear,not worth the wait.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wakefield, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2015

Dear Paddy F,

Thank you for your stay and for leaving a review about our hotel on TripAdvisor. Your feedback is extremely important as this will help us to achieve our mission to provide the perfect guest experience. Thank you for noting our good location and the cleanliness of our property. I am also pleased to read that you found your room accommodations to your liking. On the other hand, I regret to hear that you perceived the noise level in the property too high. Our guest's comfort remains a priority and I am sorry for letting you feel otherwise. I also apologize for not being able to provide a good breakfast experience. Your comments are noted and will be shared with our management to review the procedures we have in place and make necessary improvements accordingly.

Until your next visit, we remain at your service.

Ingrid V.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 26 November 2015

The hotel is great value. The rooms are nice and clean.
Staff friendly and wifi excellent.

Only thing which wasn't great was the breakfast. Very low quality, I would skip it next time.

Despite that, still a very good stay

Date of stay: October 2015