“Wedding Anniversary visit”

and 1 more site!
The Spa Hotel
Ranked #17 of 21 Hotels in Darlington
Reviewed 1 August 2017

We stayed at the Spa Hotel completely by accident. I don't really know the area and needed a hotel near a river trip I had booked in Stockton upon Tees. What a lovely surprise, I must admit it didn't look too prepossessing from the outside. The couple who have the hotel are charming and couldn't do enough for us. Our room had everything we needed and was very clean. Having unpacked decided to have a drink at the bar and mentioned that we were there to celebrate our anniversary the host pulled out all the stops and made us a fabulous meal. I heartily recommend the evening meals fresh vegetables, nothing processed or frozen, what good luck we chose this hotel. The outside has lovely views ,very peaceful and has a nice outside seating area. We most definitely will stay there again. May I just say another thank you to our hosts, you made our stay very special.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 May 2017

Stayed just for a night to visit the Durham Airshow. Lovely comfortable room and large ensuite with shower and bath. A powerful shower ! Really clean throughout and a lovely couple running the place. Evening menu varied, good veggie options,very well priced and the food really well cooked and presented.Drinks from the bar reasonably priced too.
Quirky location, at the side of the airport and plenty of parking space.
A great find and would strongly recommend.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 May 2017

This hotel was a complete surprise. We had a lovely visit a few days ago. Situated out of town it is in a quiet location. The owners are very welcoming and make you feel at home. It has a restaurant and a bar so you do not have to go out after booking in. Meals were excellent. All up a nice stay.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 March 2017 via mobile

The staff was brill from the word go from when I walked in, the food and room was fantastic rally recommend this hotel and I plan to go back and explore the area as I was on a course when I stop hear, we think other hotels around are good but thing hotel put them to shame even with price

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 January 2017 via mobile

Stayed here whilst working in the area and staff was friendly,and food was ok for price but hotel reminded me of a old office block or what would have been a business converted in to a hotel and not the best job of it the rooms was absolutely freezing I have never stayed at a colder hotel in 14 years of working away the bathroom was like walking in a walk in chiller it was a coldish night around 0 degrees outside but it honestly felt colder inside my mate who was staying in room across the corridor said his room was the same total basics not recommended

Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business