“Best Takeaway in Darlington ”
Review of The Royal Thai

The Royal Thai
Ranked #113 of 307 Restaurants in Darlington
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 November 2016 via mobile

We got a take away from the newly renovated Ruen Bo Lan Thai. It was absolutely amazing. The best thai we have had in the UK. Staff were so lovely too. Highly recommend

1  Thank Jessica M

Reviewed 20 November 2016

My wife genuinely described the food as the best we meal we have had out. We are often very cautious because she suffers from IBS, I have ulcerative colitis, and one of our sons is gluten intolerant. Therefore, eating out can be a challenge for us. We absolutely loved the food, which included especially prepared Thai gluten free Thai fishcakes for the younger boys (next time we want to try their gluten free version of Thai Seabass and Chips). So friendly, such a care for detail and our needs, incredibly well presented food and beautiful flavours. Please note - it reopened under new ownership Sept 2016 and they gutted the place, completely cleaned it out, new kitchen, new décor - ignore reviews prior to this date.

3  Thank Prof_Ivor_E_Keys
Reviewed 12 November 2016 via mobile

I Think this has new owners as it is now called " Ruen Bo Lan Thai Restaurant.. we came down from Dundee, Scotland, this restaurant was recommended by a very good friend, he was not wrong the food was out of this world with a friendly family atmosphere, if you know what you like in your Thai food, you ask the staff and they will do it for you, I will definitely be coming back when I'm down again 10/10

2  Thank seanjune
Reviewed 16 June 2016

My friend and I have ate here before pre theatre and enjoyed it. This time we both had food poisoning as we shared main courses. My friend not too bad as she did not eat too much of my chicken. I have been ill for a good while. I have recently reviewed the restaurant and saw they have had issues with hygiene in the past. Hope these issues can be sorted as not pleasant.

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed 4 June 2016

This place became a nightmare when they moved the food shop into the restaurant?! Until that point the food had always been very good, but haven't been for a while, as with the last meal we had it was obvious the food wasn't fresh & up to their normal standards

Date of visit: July 2015