2,028 results
All reviews overlooking the beach sea view kids club family hotel children's entertainment restaurant manager main restaurant lick of paint stunning location bit dated indoor pool night break short break fantastic views lovely room sandbanks harbour
Reviewed 26 July 2016

The hotel is nicely situated, has good parking facilities and large restaurant and outside dining with fabulous views of the sea. Lots of shaded areas to sit and watch the world go by. Very busy in peak season and weekends they tend to hold a lot of functions so quite noisy. We had 4 rooms in all. All were very spacious and well equipped, some had air con and the older wing did not, small lifts but situated along the corridors so easily accessibly. Efficient housekeeping staff, pleasant reception staff, excellent maitre'd in restaurant. A short walk into the town along a lovely promenade. Loads of water sports right at the hotel. The hotel is currently having work done but nothing too intrusive. I would recommend this hotels for families as it is right on the beach and caters well for children with a kids club etc. if you want a quiet break then probably off season would be nicer.

Room Tip: sea view rooms can be noisy as people on beach until late having BarBQ's etc..
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Maggie B
Reviewed 25 July 2016

We took our two small grand-daughters to this hotel for a week in mid July. At first we were taken aback by the entrance with its large carpark in front but as soon as we were shown to our very spacious bedroom (with small bedroom off the main room with bunk beds) and the good-sized balcony overlooking the wonderful sandy beach and the sea, we realised that the hotel was exactly as we had hoped it would be. The staff were delightful and very efficient. The ironing board I had ordered was already in the room and a fridge was provided within minutes of my asking for one. We needed the fridge as one of the girls has severe food allergies and I needed to keep her food fresh. When we explained about the allergies in the dining-room, it seemed as if the whole staff rallied round to help us and the chef went to the trouble of preparing her her own menu every evening! We ate in every evening which can sometimes be a bit of a problem, but the menu changed every day and the food was really very good. As with most hotels, the special children's menu was of the sausages/pizzas/burger variety so we were all more than happy to learn that the non-allergy child was able to eat the salmon and chicken dishes that were prepared for the other one. The Funsters club in the very extensive areas available for children was a great source of enjoyment for the children and gave us a bit of a breather as well. The bathroom was dated but large enough and functional. The hotel is not trying to offer 5 star luxury but is a very successful family hotel - just what it is aiming for.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Lyn W
Reviewed 25 July 2016

We where not let in for a lunch on a cloudy Monday at 11:30. Strange to but it seams a normal thing over the summer. Very dissapointing once i am an ex college, but this do not change anything. So my opinion is do not go there on a sunny day unless you have booked a table or you are a resident or you are checking in

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chesmenos22
Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

For a hotel that promotes itself as being one of Poole's best, I'd have to say I was disappointed. I found the hotel to be quite overpriced, from the rooms, to the bar to the restaurant. Drinks are overpriced, portions are small and room quality isn't any better than a 3 star hotel. Breakfast choices at the buffet are limited, choices on the dinner menu are restrictive and staff are robotic. I was left for 30 mins waiting on a bill after dinner, nearly on my own in the restaurant. In general the hotel could be doing with some updating, various parts are old fashioned. Additionally I was disappointed to book a room for single use and find myself in a pokey room with a single and a view of the car park. For the price paid this didn't cut it for me. I'll be staying elsewhere in my next trip to Poole.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
3  Thank CRW20
FJBHotels, Manager at Sandbanks Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2016

Thank you for your review CRW20, we always listen to our customers and use feedback such as yours to make improvements. We will look into portion sizes and any of the other things you mentioned.

Reviewed 23 July 2016 via mobile

I've been staying at this hotel since I was approx 2 years old( I'm now 46) with my great grandparents, grandparents and parents and now bring my children here. I would highly recommend this hotel as children adore it. The children's entertainment is brilliant. The indoor pool is a great bonus and of course the terrace is wonderful with steps down to a stunning beach. I have stayed here with family at different times of the year including Christmas, Easter and summer and it's always great.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Dulwichlily

Thank you for your review Dulwichlily, incredible to hear that you stayed at our hotel since you are 2 years old! We are very proud of our popular Funsters Entertainment team which bring children so much happiness and joy.
We look forward to your next visit hopefully very soon.