Thistle Poole
Hotels.com
US$139
Pine Ridge(Poole)(Great Value!)
US$113
Premier Inn Poole North Hotel(Poole)(Great Value!)
US$105
PremierInn.com
US$117
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
US$153
1,060 results
All reviewsharbour view restaurantexcellent locationharbour frontfirst floorbrownsea islandper daycar parkingpubs and restaurantsbit dateda sea view roomstayed for one nightwedding receptionafternoon teahigh streetplenty of parkingtown centreshort break
Reviewed 14 August 2017

Comfortable, friendly in a good location. I and my small Dandie dog enjoyed our one night stay. Free WiFi a bonus. It was also pleasant to stroll along the harbour front in the evening. Plenty of eating places that were also dog friiendly.

Room Tip: I had a sea view room whch was lovely.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Jonathan B, General Manager at Thistle Poole, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to provide feedback following your recent stay with us.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 12 August 2017

Very smooth booking in, very helpful staff. Parking is round the back of the building and they charge £6 per day on departure, it could be free but its not bad so acceptable. Breakfast was offered as a special on arrival at 10.00 per person. Plenty of eateries though on the quay. The room was spacious clean and toiletries teas coffee etc topped up each day. Internet is very good.The location is fantastic, with boat trips about 5 minutes away. Will easily go back to Poole to do more and will easily go back to this hotel. A very clean looking hotel indeed.Well worth it if you get a decent price as I did for August.

Room Tip: they offered me a floor option on arrival, so you could ask this at the time of booking. we were at the car park end and it was quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a trip advisor review of our hotel. I am very pleased that you chose us for your accommodation requirements and that you loved your stay!

I have shared this feedback with the entire team in order for them to remain motivated to ensuring this high level of service.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 12 August 2017

We booked this hotel for a 1 night stay, on our return from Jersey, as it was to late to continue our journey home.
On arrival, there was nobody on reception, we waited several minutes until eventually somebody came.

Our room was clean, but, immediately on opening the door, we were hit with a very very strong smell of must and damp.
The bath, with shower over, was so worn that the coating was coming off and gave the appearance of the bath being filthy dirty.
We were pleased that we were only staying for the 1 night, as we would not have wanted to use the bath had we stayed longer.

We ordered room service, as the restaurant was a bout to stop serving.
The service for this was good and the food nice.
Breakfast was also nice, with a good choice and friendly staff.
Checkout, was better than check in, with different staff on the desk, very friendly also.

Our room was supposed to have been one of their better rooms, rather than a standard double and overlooked the harbour, however, if this was they classed as a superior room, I cannot imagine what a standard room looked like.
Apart from the fact that it did overlook the harbour, there was certainly nothing superior about it.

We paid in advance, but, I cannot in all honesty say that it was worth what we paid.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel. I am pleased that you found our staff friendly and helpful, room clean and that you enjoyed our breakfast offering.

With regards to the decor of the room and the smell, please be advised that I have passed on this information to the relevant departments for a full review. You state that you booked a superior room, however we do not offer this option, only standard rooms and harbour view rooms. The only difference being the view of the harbour. I am very sorry if you were mis-informed regarding this.

I hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed here just for 1 night as a stop off. The staff were really friendly and hotel was lovely and clean.
We had the harbour as our view from the bedroom which was great, it was so nice to wake up and look out to the sea.
We stayed woth our 8 yr old son in a double room, with an extra single bed they had put in for our stay.
The rooms were comfortable with coffee tea kettle etc and flat screen t.v..
Would recommend this place, its a short walk to the harbour front with its many shops, bars and restaurants.
A lovely comfortable hotel with friendly staff, We would definately stay here again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Victoria R
Jonathan B, General Manager at Thistle Poole, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to complete a review of the Thistle Poole following your recent stay with us.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your visit and in particular found the team here very friendly and helpful. We pride ourselves on our excellent customer service and the fact that you have highlighted this further motivates us to continue this high level of service.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed for two nights. Friendly welcome but the whole place is shabby and in need of full renovation. There was a smell of damp in our room but the room itself was clean. This may suit some but the people in the room next door had two small dogs with them that seemed to bark everytime we moved. I'm a big dog lover but didn't think this was appropriate.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Jonathan B, General Manager at Thistle Poole, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor review of our hotel. I am pleased that you chose us for your accommodation requirements and that you found the room clean and staff welcoming.

With regards to the condition of certain areas of the hotel, please be advised that we are currently in the planning phase of implementing a plan to make improvements. I do hope that this didn't hinder your stay too much.

We are a dog friendly hotel, however we do have provisions in place to minimise the impact of this on other guests. We allocate only certain rooms to guests with dogs and employ a deep clean after each room has been used by a dog - the dog owners are charged a supplemental charge for this.

I do hope to welcome you back again in the near future.