All reviews separate toilet knebworth house front of house business trip full english buffet breakfast short stay bar and restaurant stayed here for one night night's sleep comfy bed tea and coffee good nights sleep yogurt sausage wedding motorway
Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

I stay in Stevenage a lot but normally in the centre. This time everywhere was full so booked the Novotel. Wow
This place was not how I imagined, the staff were lovely and very helpful, plenty of parking but the rooms were the best thing.
The quality of the rooms are of something you would expect from a place charging double the nightly tariff. Amazining bathroom with a huge shower, comfy bed and modern design. Did not use the bar or restaurant so can not comment on these but from what I did see I will be back, and the Novotel will now be my first choice for booking in the Stevenage area.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Ruslana Y, General Manager at Novotel Stevenage, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2016

Dear ukpunk,

Thank you for your lovely comments with regards to your recent stay.
It is always the pleasure to receive positive words as they act as encouragement to our team when they arrive.

Looking forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night as a family of 4, check in was quick and efficient, room was adequate, however my 12 year old daughter struggled with the children's bed her feet were over hanging and very narrow! There were no menus in the room so my son went to ask, they were unable to give him a room service menu?? But gave restaurant menus! Decided to eat off site, large selection of places to eat less than 1 mile away. Shower was very good, guests at the hotel were noisy walking down corridors and slamming doors (not hotels fault) after reading others reviews we were looking forward to breakfast ......... Not sure what the fuss was about, had to ask several times for croissants, poor cereal choice (no granola) tinned mushrooms no potatoe dish, no fried bread, no black pudding very basic and slow at restocking!
An average hotel, overpriced breakfast, avoid using 'extra beds' for anyone over 8!

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your constructive feedback. We very much appreciate your comments, please accept my sincerest apology for the inconvenience over your stay. The single beds in our rooms are of the standard size required by Novotel Brand. You have been offered the restaurant menu which is in fact the mirror image of the room service menu, selection of dishes will be the same. In respect to breakfast I believe the cereal selection is than adequate with frosties, Weetabix, muesli, corn flakes, special K, rise crispies, bran flakes being available. With the reference to the cooked breakfast we do not offer fried bread or black pudding as a standard, our mushrooms is freshly cooked, not tinned and hash browns are provided as a potato dish.

Thank you again for bringing those points to our attention.

Reviewed 9 August 2016

Me and my friend recently stayed here and we were blown away by the quality and service of this hotel. Not only was our room immaculate, but the staff were very friendly and always prepared to provide help. However, the morning me and my friend checked out we realised that my car had a punctured tyre and I somehow had to get us back to South Wales that same day. Two gentlemen from this hotel offered the most amazing service by helping me to put my spare wheel on my car, they gave up well over 2 hours of their time and effort to help us out of pure good will, they even drove us to the nearest cash point in order for us to get money out for our trip home. Me and my friend could not be more grateful for their service as we would not have made it home that day without their help. I would recommend this hotel to everybody; a lovely stay.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Ruslana Y, General Manager at Novotel Stevenage, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2016

Dear chloephillips97,

What a lovely review to read, I am very glad that you had a great stay here and my team make it memorable for you.

We are looking forward to welcome you back here soon.

Reviewed 8 August 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for a family wedding I can honestly say that it was the best wedding that I have been to by far ! Made that extra special by the lovely friendly service the lovely clean rooms and the extra special touches ! The staff were amazing throughout our whole stay nothing was to much effort ! The food was very tasty and would recommend the breakfast. The atmosphere around the whole hotel was lovely and friendly and even the children were made to feel as though they were important I will definatly be recommending to everyone for weddings and even if you just wanted to stay for one night I think you would enjoy the friendly staff and brilliant service.

Dear Reviewer,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Stevenage.

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed 8 August 2016 via mobile

I stayed for one night, as we were sttending a wedding here. The whole day, evening, night, breakfast, were absolutely perfect. The staff, from reception and front of house, to bar and cleaning staff were excellent. Everyone was really friendly and welcoming. Food was cooked to perfection, both the wedding breakfast and breakfast in the morning. There was no pressure to vacate the room, so we stayed relaxed from arrival to departure, even lingering after checking out to enjoy soft drinks in the sunshine with the extended family. An enjoyable and memorable stay. Thankyou very much for all the hard work you did.

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you ever so much for your lovely words.
I will share your comments with our team.

Looking forward to welcome you back.