Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
SAVE US$11
eDreams
Priceline
Expedia.comUS$97
All reviews large portions big comfy bed yogurt great shower pub bnb mains
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 January 2020 via mobile

Decided to come here again for Birthdays as the food is fantastic.

I did have to wait for my starter after everyone else had there’s. I had to remind the waitress however to her credit apologised and took it off the bill. (Thai Fish Cakes that were lovely)

Mains were excellent all round, good large portions.

The main thing we were disappointed with was the service. It was very slow (not sure if short staffed). Had to remind waitress about a drinks order and ordering desserts.

We would be happy to come again however likely to come back midweek rather than the weekend.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 28 December 2019

We had lunch here last year and I couldnt fault it. This year it was £15 per person more expensive. Our table had been moved from the centre of the restaurant to near the door, so we were further out on a limb which we didnt appreciate, especially as I paid and booked this in August and knew where we were sitting.
All tables were booked in from 12 -12.30 which meant service was slower (which ok we were not in a rush) but this year it just didnt flow or go well. Our food was ok, but not as good as last year. Veg over cooked, my veggie nut roast wasnt as good. For some reason this year it wasnt right..
I was disappointed. Nothing major wrong but there again nothing right.Was sadly over price and didnt live up to last years.
Lovely staff we go here quite often, I maybe out voted for 2020, but I dont think so. It defo wasnt worth the extra £90 that we paid.

Date of stay: December 2019
Reviewed 13 November 2019

Staff were very attentive food good but not great. We had the pate and it was bland. Also the roast dinner and the crackling was like cardboard but the rest of the meals were very good. I would advise to book at busy periods .

Date of stay: November 2019
Reviewed 11 November 2019

Great food forgot to add to my last review.

Well worth a visit. Advisable to book at the weekends.

Great surroundings and fantastic atmosphere.

Have also had lunch during the week.
Nothing is too much trouble for the staff . A very warm welcome.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 5 October 2019

This is a really nice hotel or B and B. The rooms are large and spotlessly clean. Breakfast is on the landing outside the room and is plentiful. It's possible not to enter the pub at all as the accommodation is through a separate entrance. You can have a cooked breakfast in the pub presumably you have to pay extra. I was happy enough with the help yourself included breakfast. The restaurant is good value and the food is also good. Drinks are expensive compared to where I live. The staff are very welcoming.There is a small station next door where you can catch a train into Ipswich or other destinations. There is another pub within walking distance if you fancy a change.

Date of stay: September 2019