“Top Choice”

Lanterns Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #42 of 455 Restaurants in Ipswich
Price range: US$14 - US$35
Description: PLEASE BOOK ONLINE AT OUR WEBSITE. Chinese Restaurant in Ipswich is a high quality Chinese restaurant serving authentic Chinese food.
Reviewed 4 January 2017

I have lived in Ipswich for 15 years but recently moved abroad. On this trip back, we wanted to have a meal with some friends we hadn't seen for over a year.

We've not been to this one before (wasn't here when we left), so we had no idea what to expect. The service was very friendly if a little slow. The restaurant was only half full yet it took quite a while for the food to arrive. Our waitress was very helpful and even changed our order to a banquet as it would work out cheaper.

The quality of food was excellent, right up there with the best I've had. Admittedly, I generally only eat Chicken Satay and Crispy Duck, but everyone commented on how good their's tasted. One thing to note is that the draught beer is Peroni, which makes a nice change.

Reviewed 8 December 2016 via mobile

Went for dinner and it's a nice enough place and pretty central to the town.

Set buffet menu had a good choice but seemed over priced. Plenty of choice on the main menu.

Food tasty enough but nothing special. Would ok at half the price but I suspect prices raised for December.

Staff friendly enough.

Probably won't go again at these prices

Reviewed 7 December 2016

Came here for a birthday celebration in November. Food was fantastic, all cooked fresh and exactly as per requirements. Drink selection isn't huge but just about enough. Maybe some Christmas cocktails would go down a treat!
Looking forward to my next visit.

Reviewed 3 December 2016 via mobile

This Monday ( 28.11.16) I went with my brother and his wife and my two beautiful nieces for my eldest nieces birthday . I did not know what to expect as I had not been before and nor had none of my friends. Decided upon the buffet menu cooked to order . Had starters, duck, main and ice cream for dessert . Was very impressed by the quality and quantity of the portions. The service was good with a smile and the atmosphere was lovely . Well recommended .

1  Thank helenletitia21
Reviewed 20 November 2016 via mobile

Went with family on a Friday evening. The welcome from the staff was very polite and friendly. The food was excellent and a lot of it!! The service was a little slow and chaotic other than that great experience! It is however quite noisy within the restaurant so not great for anyone with hearing aids! Would recommend and return.