“Exceptional dining experience! ”
Review of Aqua Eight

Aqua Eight
Reserve with OpenTable
Aqua Eight is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 459 Restaurants in Ipswich
Price range: US$37 - US$57
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

I visited Aqua Eight this evening on my way home from work. I was greeted by the extremely helpful Danny who showed me to the bar; that waterfall display beautiful. Impressive knowledge of the wine list, he suggested the Tinpot Sauvignon that was exactly to my taste! The beautiful Jenine led me to my table, guided me through the menu and gave me a few personal recommendations. I didn't have a large appetite so ordered some small eats. The noodles were filled with fresh vegetables and the chicken gyoza's melted in my mouth, exquisite! Alison cleared my table, she was so caring and attentive. I was left feeling like I had just spent the evening with family, an amazing evening. Reggie, the manager, took my payment and made me one of the restaurant signature cocktails. The Asian summer tasted fantastic so I took advantage of their 2 for £15 offer and had another. This whole experience gave me a whole evening where I felt part of something, that is difficult sometimes when dining alone. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for an all round perfect meal out

WingCheung, Owner at Aqua Eight, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

Dear Ktg91

We're so pleased you enjoyed your visit and were looked after as "family". Thank you for the kind feedback. Very proud of our team, who work so hard to make everyone feel welcome and special.

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

We were expecting so much better. Staff weren't very happy and we felt rushed throughout. We were offered 20% off upon booking but the waiter messed this up once paying. Food was average and overpriced. Restaurant looked a little tired and messy outside with cigarette butts all over the place. Disappointing and will choose elsewhere next time.

1  Thank 33edwardb49

Dear 33edwardb49

I am sorry you were disappointed and I'd like the chance to put this right. Would you be willing to speak with our PR lady, helen@affinitypr.co.uk? If you'd kindly let her know the date and time you were here, and what food you ordered, then we can look into all those points you've mentioned.

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

Return visit for a party of 8 midweek. Pre meal cocktails and drinks downstairs then upstairs to our table.
We ordered a mix of the set meals and were all singing the praises of the Soft Shell Crab.
Absolutely delicious and less frantic and noisy than Trongs.
The restaurant was full - this being a Thursday evening, and the staffing was efficient with no long delays.
Aqua8 is tucked away adjacent to The Corn Exchange and is a super place to eat out in Ipswich. Love it.

VincentWingCheung, Owner at Aqua Eight, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2017

Dear FlouncerNo1

Thank you very much for the top notch review. We appreciate your comments and kind feedback.

Reviewed 16 July 2017

Only my second visit here but it was just as good as the first time. The food is lovely and well presented. Staff are really attentive and friendly. Also great cocktails! My favourite place! Definitely recommend

1  Thank Misfit19

Dear Misfit 19

It makes us feel proud that you were left as impressed as after your first visit. It's what we always want to achieve for every guest. Thank you.

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

It was my first time at Aqua eight and my boyfriend decided to treat me to a Friday evening dinner. This place is especially good for vegetarians as that's the main reason he chose it for me. I had the most delicious tofu dish with the tastiest sauce ever while my boyfriend had a duck, mango and passion fruit sauce. We both seemed to enjoy ourselves and it lifted the mood on the night which was good. The only set back being is the tables are quite close to one another and since we were a party of two we were overpowered by noise from large parties but that was expected on a Friday night.

1  Thank Olivia A

Dear Olivia A

We're really pleased that our vegetarian diners can enjoy themselves as much with our menu options as others. Very kind feedback, thank you. Yes, it can become lively on Friday and Saturday nights in particular, but Tues - Thurs might suit you well if you prefer fewer large parties.