See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 May 2018

Stayed at the Inn on Sunday Night and even though a bit of a walk into the Town Centre it is not far from the Waterfront with its Bars & Restaurants. Room was nice and quiet and Bar was lovely especially Victoria the lovely Barmaid from Latvia

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

That's what we did, we made a simple mistake and booked the wrong month having successfully booked another 8 hotels for our cycle trip around Norfolk. These people failed to engage and help us obtain a refund and our approach was met with deaf ears and a shoulder shrug. So be it.... but we'll never rebook with you and advise others the same. We'll done you!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
4  Thank Getonwithyourwork
Reviewed 17 January 2018 via mobile

Worst stay. It is dirty, the heating is off in the morning after the window falling open during the night it was absolutely freezing. The lady that checked us in was lovely and should do herself a favour and find somewhere that appreciates her. We heard her boss talking to her like a dog...she deserves far better as she tries so hard to make it work.
Never ever will we stay again

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RobertR7006
Reviewed 5 December 2017 via mobile

Hi a hotel run by some lovely people, I made a mistake with my booking and they did all they could do to help . If you take a look on there facebook page you can see how great there breackfast is , would recommend to friends and family.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2017

I stayed for one night (attending a concert) and overall was happy enough with the stay in this pub, although as a single I found it very expensive for what I got. Would be better value for 2 but even then I've had better for that price. Not much choice in Ipswich given my last minute booking. (I have to say generally, when booking, Ipswich rates seemed very high). I was in room 307, overlooking the main road ; not one of the smarter areas of Ipswich but within a reasonable walking distance of the centre (I got taxis due to time constraints but fares were reasonable). It's an old Inn with no lift to the upstairs bedrooms, accessed by a curved and quite steep staircase so anyone with mobility problems would probably find it difficult, but there is a handrail.
Room was a good size with a comfy double bed, en-suite bathroom with shower (can't comment as didn't use) and toiletries (shampoo, conditioner and shower gel) and tea/coffee making facilities with hot chocolate also provided. Yes, the kettle has to be unplugged to fill it, but no big deal. Cup and saucer clean, but mug had tea stains and therefore avoided. Did take a long time to boil though. Iron, ironing board and hairdryer all provided (in the wardrobe).
Decor was appropriate with the age with the age of the building but could do with a re-furbishment. It did look quite tired. Lovely small cast iron fireplace in the room.
I had the small breakfast, available until late morning as local workers come into eat. For £3, I had a sausage, bacon, fried egg, hash brown, baked beans and toast. Rather greasy, but for £3 it did the job. Tea/coffee was £1. Large breakfast also available for £5. Beans or scrambled eggs on toast also available.
The bar was still open when I returned, not many in, but noise in my room (above) was loud until 12.
Unfortunately, you can't get into the Hotel until 4pm. I've never experienced such a late check-in without anywhere to leave your bags. Having traveled for hours, I had to hang around the station but still arrived arrived too early to even gain access.
Staff were very pleasant and helpful when I did get in.
Think in the main this hotel is catering for workmen whose arrival times would probably suit the weird access time for booking in but it doesn't really suit tourists or non-business travelers.

Room Tip: Rooms in separate building next to hotel away from the bar will be quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo