Lowest prices for your stay
US$95
Free cancellation until 23/06/21
Hotels.com
US$95
Free cancellation until 24/06/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
ZenHotels.com
US$99
US$81
SAVE US$18
Expedia.comUS$95
PricelineUS$95
HurbUS$99
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 August 2018

I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Ipswich Orwell while on business for about three months. I can honestly say I've never had a better experience from a hotel while I've been working away from home before. The staff went absolutely out of their way to to make sure my stay was enjoyable. The rooms were comfy and well kept, the reception was always welcoming, and my colleagues and myself were on a first name basis with the staff after the first week. The breakfast was always enjoyable, and the bar and restaurant were especially enticing with their gin selection and daily menu specials. A special shout-out to Anna and Laura at the bar, for really making a nightly dinner feel like a banquet after a hard days work! To be honest, it was very hard checking out and saying goodbye. Whether it be for one night or 3 months, I will always make it a point to stay in the Holiday Inn Orwell the next time I'm in Suffolk County.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Scott G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ipswich-Orwell, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2018

Hi Dan A,

Thank you for your feedback.

I'm delighted that you had a fantastic stay and we are now your hotel of choice when you visit the area.

I will pass on your comments to the team and personally speak with Anna and Laura and ensure they are recognised for the outstanding service they deliver.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit!

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

I find budget hotels fine for weekends away with the kids. The staff here are very welcoming and helpful, the food and drink choice is great though quite expensive, but the general condition of the place is poor. It needs a coat of paint, the car park bins could do with emptying, and the rooms need a refresh. I don't expect to see breakfast trays outside of rooms at 4pm though, either.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Hi Steve P

I'm glad you found the staff welcoming and helpful and enjoyed our food and beverage offerings at the hotel.

We are very hopeful that in the neat future we will be getting a refurbishment of the public areas and bedrooms of the hotel. The bathrooms recently completed.

I'm sorry to hear that the car park bins we're full and a room service tray left outside a room - I will certainly chase this back and share your feedback with the team.

Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

When I booked this Holiday Inn, I had a standard in mind. This standard was on the back of recently staying at The Holiday Inn at Ellesmere Port and Huntingdon Racecourse.

To point out that the staff from the reception to the bar and waiting staff were all excellent and friendly.

The car park is large, and you won’t find a space to park. It seemed that there are a lot of conferences and the carpark was busier with cars from these than guests. There were a fair few contractor vans in the hotel.

To the disappointing part, the outside of the hotel is run down. It is poorly finished with a lot of dirty and unpainted sections and also rotting wood facias. The blinds look grubby.

This continues in the hotel. Old and worn carpet and furnishings. Patch work carpet where quick fixes were perused.

The room was old, the curtains were not clean and there was still peanuts on the window sill from a previous guest.

The double bed was two single beds pushed together, they were at different heights. So you had to pick a side.

The bathroom however, was brand new and modern. Like a polar opposite to the rest of the room and the hotel in general.

The mini gym was just that. A rowing machine, a weight bench, and some free weights.

No noise and a decent sleep.
The breakfast was decent, good quality hot and cold selection.

Held in the restaurant and bar area (again worn tables and chairs).

I personally wouldn’t stay in this hotel again.
It falls short of the new Holiday Inn Standard.

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Sunburst1111

Hi Sunburst1111,

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay with us.

I'm glad that you found the staff in the Front Office and Food and Beverage Departments friendly - This is something which we get fed back regularly and are very proud of.

I also appreciate your comments surround hotel condition. This is something we are trying to work on. As stated in your feedback about the bathroom. This is an area we have recently had refurbished and also hopeful that in the near future this will carry out into the bedrooms and public areas of the hotel.

I hope that on completion you choose to visit us again to see the difference of our face lift!

Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

It’s one of those UK hotels in need of a refurb. No real issues to report other than it was just a bit ‘tired’ and needed a refresh and updating. The saving grace was the free access to the David Lloyd centre and so offered probably the best ‘hotel gym’ I’ve ever used.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family

Hi Steve G,

Thank you for your recent feedback.

I hope that during your stay you noticed the newly refurbished bathrooms, which look fantastic and we get some really good feedback on them. We are hopeful that the refurbishment will carry out into the bedrooms and public areas in the very near future.

We hope to welcome you back on completion.

Reviewed 8 August 2018

We spent three nights in this hotel which, in the past, we have always found to be a good experience. This time two of the nights were ok, but on the Saturday night there was a wedding party taking place. Unfortunately, our room was very close to the function room and we were kept awake until about 12.45 by the noise of the music, and with screaming children running riot beneath our window. A little common sense by the hotel would have ensured that guests, who were clearly nothing to do with the wedding, would have been allocated rooms away from the noisy end of the hotel. Apart from this, we enjoyed our stay, and on one of the nights, enjoyed a good meal in the restaurant.

Room tip: As far away as possible from the function room.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hi mjc404

Thank you for your feedback.

I'm sorry that the noise caused some inconvenience for you during your stay.

This is something we manage very well normally with regular site walk arounds to ensure all guests can enjoy there experience for whatever reason that may be. I will certainly look into further and pass your feedback onto the team.