Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PremierInn.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
ZenHotels.com
StayForLong
All reviews beefeater next door adjoining beefeater a ground floor room meal deal great place to stay quiet location easy access comfortable bed ipswich town centre following morning cooked breakfast inns receptionist suffolk bath
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 September 2020 via mobile

Whilst staying in Ipswich South Premier Inn last week, my daughter and I did not have the best experience. We understand that some noise is acceptable but we had particularly disturbed night due to internal and external noise. Premier Inn have accepted that they will need to address the problems and their practices for future customers but our claim on the Good Night Guarantee was denied. It seems that the Good Night Guarantee is worthless and just words.

Added to this the staff at the Beefeater next door, could not have been more disinterested in us as customers. In these Covid times, service has changed but it does not need to be rude or slovenly. I would have expected more. The food was cold, undercooked, the porridge was liquid and some items ordered simply didn’t arrive at all.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 16 September 2020

perfect location for exploring Suffolk countryside near Ipswich. Beefeater next door, very good on Friday eve, but felt as though we were an inconvenience on Sunday evening.
Outlook cafe 5 mins walk away, right on harbourside and delightful for drink or meal.
Shop and fuel station closeby.

Room tip: nothing particular
Reviewed 13 September 2020

We had a room overlooking the car park which was fine, being away from the main road. But we were woken up at 5.30 on our first morning by the crashing of glass collecting bottles from the Beefeater, and just after 6.00 on our third morning by 45 minutes of cages being crashed around during a delivery to the Beefeater. Apart from that it was a typical Premier Inn experience, although the toilet seat hinge was broken and the shower head very loose. We have claimed under the "Good Night Guarantee". Wait and see. Quite a few guests not wearing masks in the corridors or reception and I'm not aware of this being challenged by staff.

Reviewed 9 September 2020 via mobile

Lovely room very clean staff friendly and service good
Breakfast delicious evening meal very good
Only thing I will say the room above we could hear the people walking across the room
Good weekend

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 September 2020 via mobile

This hotel has been used by my family for years when in the area and we always enjoy using it as a base. Rooms are clean, beds are perfect, staff are friendly and the breakfast is good value for money. Never in all our years of visiting have we experienced problems at the hotel. Highly recommend staying especially if you enjoy the villages, pubs and restaurants all the way down to Shotley Gate.

My only (small) feedback this time was the friendliness off the restaurant supervisor on shift during breakfasts. No doubt he was super efficient and very matter of fact, but there was no natural way with guests with the welcoming feeling you want when being greeted in the morning. I experienced 3 mornings of being asked if it was my first time at the restaurant by the same supervisor, which I found most unusual. The lady server who actually looked after us each morning was superb and couldn’t do enough for us. Well done to her for reminding me why we stay there.

Trip type: Travelled with family