Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Travelocity
Hotels.com
eDreams
1,916 results
All reviews copper bath marina room the penthouse sister hotel salt house car park lovely hotel afternoon tea breakfast in bed beautiful room boutique hotel small balcony huge bed birthday treat bars and restaurants walk in shower following morning
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Came to visit friends and their newborn. Walked into the room and was blown away by the comfort and cosy, overlooking the boats in the harbour. Room service dinner arrived speedily, presented beautifully and was DELICIOUS.
Next time I come to visit I’ll definitely be coming back.
Thank you!

Manager_GoughGroup, Manager at Salthouse Harbour Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2018

Dear dsce,

Thank you for your lovely comments - really pleased you enjoyed yourself.

Look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 20 February 2018

My husband surprised me by whisking me away on a secret getaway this weekend just gone (17th Feb) to celebrate my 30th birthday. The location of the hotel is stunning, situated smack bang on the quay with views overlooking the harbour. It has the best of both by combining the older building with a modern contemporary one so it has character with a modern twist. The car park is small so we were lucky to secure a space, though there is a charming chap called Paul who will park your car for you and take your luggage up to your room which was a nice touch. The lobby is very quirky and arty with some nice decor and artwork, my hubby requested a room on the top floor so we could take in the breathtaking views from adequate height. The room itself was spacious and light and airy and had a balcony that led out on to front and gorgeous view of the harbour and surrounding quay. The bathroom was also a very good size and had both a separate shower cubicle and bath and large mirror area. A few niggles for me about the room hence why i'm not giving it 5 stars would be that considering the cost of the room at £220 for one night (that doesn't include breakfast this is an extra £14) that instead of a double bed its two single beds pushed together which is very cheeky when your paying that much i'd expect a proper bed! Also the cleanliness and decor of the room could do with improving i found a fair bit of dust and also some suspect stains on the pillows and the walls that really could have done with a good paint and the skirting to freshen it up. The room itself also got very hot, i know we were top floor but to wake up in night to feel like your in a sauna in the middle of February maybe explains the fans in the cupboard....This aside the drinks in the hotel were nice, we opted to go elsewhere for dinner as upon checking in the only times left for dinner were 6pm and 9:30pm and the restaurant seemed small and crowded anyway. We went round the corner to Grand Central which was very good value for money and very tasty and filling. The following day we went next door to Issac's on the Quay which again represents better value for money and was a lovely local fresh and tasty breakfast that we sat outside and enjoyed on a sunny and pleasant day. I would think about returning to this hotel and staying in the penthouse next time (husband tried to book but sold out) to see if this represents a higher calibre of room for your money. Its simple things that have let it down for me which in a 4 star hotel you would expect these to be spot on.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank LaurenShort88
Manager_GoughGroup, Manager at Salthouse Harbour Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2018

Dear lauren m,

Thank you for your recent review.

I was pleased to read that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. The Sail Loft Marina rooms are really lovely and offer amazing views over the Harbour, you can certainly watch the world go by!

We tend to offer rates that include breakfast when you book directly with the hotel so maybe next time have a look at the special offers on our website.

Reviewed 19 February 2018

Me and my partner stayed here at the beginning of Feb for a work do in Ipswich as a bit of a treat to ourselves. We booked the Salthouse Marina with the copper bath.

The whole hotel is decorated very nicely and they clearly haven't skimped out on the furniture and decorations. Really individual, unique furniture but still tasteful. The bath was AMAZING and I think we had 6+ baths in our one night stay just because it was amazing. However, the room was a little smaller than I expected. For the money (over £250 for the one night) I would've expected more space and we also assumed there would be a balcony, there wasn't. Really nice shower and came with a good selection of bath products and lovely towels.

Now my review would be 4/5 if it wasn't for the disappointing breakfast. The food itself was nice, however for £14 I'd expect more than a small full English, however we were sat for well over 10 minutes before anyone collected our plates (it was not busy) with multiple waitresses walking past and ignoring us. Shame, as again really pleasant room but just need to improve on the service.

I probably wouldn't come back for the price, but it was lovely and for a bit of a treat I would say it would work.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Manager_GoughGroup, Manager at Salthouse Harbour Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2018

Dear Penny C,

Many thanks for your review.

The Sail Loft Marina rooms with Copper Baths are lovely rooms and really popular so I'm pleased you enjoyed the experience.

Please do keep an eye out on our website for our offers, as these represent great value for money and hopefully we can tempt you back.

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

We stayed here as a family with 2 young children, in the restaurant and lounge we found the service very slow and when the food did arrive it was average if that. The choice of drinks was poor in our opinion, it seemed a very dated menu. Through the night and the next morning all 3 adults and 1 child suffered bad stomaches and because of this we decided to get breakfast else where. The rooms were nice enough with lovely views of the harbour it’s just a shame about the rest overall we didn’t have a nice experience and wouldn’t return

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Daydream753608
Manager_GoughGroup, Manager at Salthouse Harbour Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

Our general manager would like to discuss this further with you. Please contact us on diogo@salthouseharbour.co.uk.

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

Had a one night stay and as usual the hotel never fails. For this night in particular we had decided to treat ourselves to a room overlooking the marina. The room was perfect, the bed was huge and we loved all the individual pieces of furniture. Thought the window that you could shade out looking from the bathroom into the bedroom was lovely. As parents a night away is a rare thing so we decided to do nothing that afternoon and being able to chill out in the room doze off but be able to hear the sea gulls outside as we had the doors open was bliss. As usual the staff were lovely, very helpful and friendly. Unfortunately the car park continues to be an issue. The following morning we had to leave early but we found our car was blocked in by where another car had parked. I phoned reception who told us they would send a porter round to the car park which they did. He arrived got the cars registration number and went off to get the key. He came back with keys for 2 different cars and told us he didn’t have the key for the car that needed to be moved. Due to the length of our car there was no way that we would ever have got out even with those other cars moved. It has to be said that the porter wasn’t best pleased when he realised that he would have to wake the car owners who had blocked us in. Surely with these parking problems any car that parks in a space which could block another car should have to give their keys into reception

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Manager_GoughGroup, Manager at Salthouse Harbour Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

Dear Stephbrooks,

Thank you for your review.

The Harbour facing rooms are really lovely and I will make sure your comments regarding the staff are passed, I know they'll be pleased to read them.

Our Porter Team manage the car park very well and we do ask all guests to leave their keys with us, however, we can not insist on this.

We look forward to welcoming you to the hotel again hopefully in the future.