pentahotel Ipswich(Ipswich)(Great Value!)
US$126
  • Restaurant
Muthu Belstead Brook Hotel(Ipswich)(Great Value!)
US$60
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$67/night.

US$90
Novotel
US$60
Priceline
  • Pool
Bentley Tower Hotel(Ipswich)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$84
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Ipswich South Hotel(Ipswich)(Great Value!)
US$94
PremierInn.com
TripAdvisor
1,502 results
All reviewscopper bathsail loftmarina roomthe penthousesalt housesister hotelscallopslovely hotelsuffolk breakfastin bury st edmundsafternoon teacar parkfront facingboutique hotelhuge bedbreakfast in bedsmall balcony
Reviewed 29 December 2011

Stayed here with parents for 4 nights over Christmas period whilst visiting relatives in Ipswich.Converted warehouse sited in the marina with quirky boutique feel and rooms spacious, clean with modern furniture and nice bathrooms. All staff very young, helpful and friendly. Breakfast choice offered a wide selection, efficiently served and whilst didn't eat anything else during stay, lunch/dinner menus appeared appealing and my relatives say food is consistently good. Sat nav issues combined with an unfamiliair one-way system made getting to the hotel a bit problematic but hotel staff are always available to assist with valet parking when their relatively small parking areas are full. Overall, an enjoyable and comfortable 4 night stay and would recommend this hotel for either a business or leisure stay

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 December 2011

It might be tricky to find but it’s well worth the trouble of navigating round Ipswich’s one-way dock system. To be brutally fair I didn’t actually stay the night there, but my sister in law did and we checked out her room and what a room. I organised a 60th birthday party there for my wife in the restaurant and it was a night to remember which would not have been as good if the hotel had let us down in any way. The staff who were young and enthusiastic, very attentive, and management could not have been more helpful, from the first tentative enquiry to the final goodbyes, the staff’s whole attitude was ‘can do’, a real refreshing change. Every detail I suggested to the management in arranging the event was positive and there was no detail they were not helpful and accommodating with.
Our evening menu was exceptional, top quality and perfectly presented food, enjoyed by all.
My sister in laws room was immaculate, very clean with a stunning view over the marina. The bathroom was well stocked and plenty of soft towels. She assures me her breakfast was well above her expectations and perfectly cooked.
The hotel car park is a bit on the small side, but leave the keys at reception and they will sort out any blocking in problems.
Thank you Salthouse Harbour Hotel for a perfect evening with special thanks to Sarah on the management team and the restaurant manager and all the staff who worked hard.

Room Tip: Marina facing rooms might be a little extra but so worth it
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank rogshe
Reviewed 30 November 2011

Stayed here twice on business - my only complaint is that their corporate rate is now outside my company's price range and therefore I am no longer able to stay there. Room was lovely, very original, service and breakfast also excellent. The second time I stayed they had remembered that I'd asked for extra coffee sachets in my room. Lovely hotel and great to be able to look out of the window at the harbour.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank woganmog
Kazza2928, Manager at Salthouse Harbour Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2011

Thank you for your kind comments and I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.

I would like to discuss with you further one of the points you raised on your review if I may. Please could you email us at reservations@salthouseharbour.co.uk for the attention of Filipa.

Many thanks & kind regards
Karen

Reviewed 30 November 2011

We stayed for two nights and could not fault it. Staff were very friendly and efficient in their jobs. Room was overlooking the marina, what a superb view. The bed was excellent and the bathroom with bath and walk in shower were cleaned to perfection. We had breakfast both mornings and it was exactly as we had asked for. We will return to this hotel in the summer

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 November 2011

A very special hotel overlooking a lovely marina. Partly an old dockside building and partly new build, the decor and furnishings are funky and modern and just right.

The room was spot-on and the bathroom with underfloor heating and walk in shower was perfect.

Staff were young, friendly, enthusiastic and very hard working. Restaurant was excellent for dinner with top quality food, wine and service. Breakfast next morning was included in the price and there was an extensive choice, not just the 'full english' which is always too much for me after a nice dinner.

I can't wait to find a reason to go back....

Only downside I can think of is that when we arrived around 5pm on a Saturday, we were asked if we would like to book a table for dinner. The only slots left were 6pm, 6:30pm or 9:30pm. We opted to have a wander around the town and go for the 9:30 table, but it was a little too late for us overall. When we get a chance to return, we will certainly book a table before arrival.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple