Hotels.com
eDreams
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 August 2019 via mobile

Positives: Breakfast, Bed, Room Layout (was very spacious), friendly family feel like being at home, warm, cozy, value for money, location, size of hotel (prefer them small and famimy run). Best part of my stay having a cheeky visit from Raj the owners gorgeous silver tabby cat who likes to sneak out the owners attached home and explore the hotel.

Negatives:Narrow staircase up to my top floor room. Electric Heater kept clicking which was a little noisy when trying to sleep. Hairdryer not in room(borrowed one from the owner though) . Shower pressure low and not as hot as I normally like.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 10 July 2019 via mobile

I literally don’t know where to start! Me and my boyfriend stayed here last year. The place is disgusting! I would definitely call this a hostel and not a hotel. Man on desk helpful but apart from that nothing else good about this place! Sheets were moist pillows were flat and tv didn’t work. I could go on and on! The sink was in the room and was dirty I’ve never experienced anything like it. I 1000% would NEVER book this place again. Even if your a builder or something and want a cheap place to stay I still would avoid! Awful place!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank sdefreitas95
Reviewed 9 June 2019

Had a two-night stay in Ipswich and this hotel fit the bill for that. Easy to get to, with comfortable and clean rooms. A number of options for breakfast; the full English is very good and has turkey rasher bacon, to me that's preferable to bacon with too much chewy fat. Just be careful of the entrance to the car park - even in a small Yaris it was only just wide enough.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 1 June 2019

Friendly and helpful staff.Clean but bedrooms on top floor very shabby and in dire need of updating.Road outside noisy so rooms at front not recommended unless you are a heavy sleeper ! Good breakfast though fresh fruit when in season would be better than the tinned fruit served.I would recommend you to get a room at the back which has been done up(as I gather some have) otherwise don't go !

Date of stay: May 2019
Reviewed 18 January 2019 via mobile

We were working in a hotel in Ipswich but decided to stay at the Carlton Hotel. Great choice! Welcomed by a friendly and attentive owner, we were shown to a warm clean bedroom with good facilities. In the. Morning there was a fantastic selection for breakfast which kept us going all day. No bells and whistles just a genuinely good, honest, clean and friendly place to stay

Date of stay: January 2019