Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
eDreamsUS$98
PricelineUS$98
Agoda.comUS$98
TripadvisorUS$98
Hotels.com
Travelocity
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 July 2019 via mobile

I literally don’t know where to start! Me and my boyfriend stayed here last year. The place is disgusting! I would definitely call this a hostel and not a hotel. Man on desk helpful but apart from that nothing else good about this place! Sheets were moist pillows were flat and tv didn’t work. I could go on and on! The sink was in the room and was dirty I’ve never experienced anything like it. I 1000% would NEVER book this place again. Even if your a builder or something and want a cheap place to stay I still would avoid! Awful place!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank sdefreitas95
Reviewed 9 June 2019

Had a two-night stay in Ipswich and this hotel fit the bill for that. Easy to get to, with comfortable and clean rooms. A number of options for breakfast; the full English is very good and has turkey rasher bacon, to me that's preferable to bacon with too much chewy fat. Just be careful of the entrance to the car park - even in a small Yaris it was only just wide enough.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 1 June 2019

Friendly and helpful staff.Clean but bedrooms on top floor very shabby and in dire need of updating.Road outside noisy so rooms at front not recommended unless you are a heavy sleeper ! Good breakfast though fresh fruit when in season would be better than the tinned fruit served.I would recommend you to get a room at the back which has been done up(as I gather some have) otherwise don't go !

Date of stay: May 2019
Reviewed 18 January 2019 via mobile

We were working in a hotel in Ipswich but decided to stay at the Carlton Hotel. Great choice! Welcomed by a friendly and attentive owner, we were shown to a warm clean bedroom with good facilities. In the. Morning there was a fantastic selection for breakfast which kept us going all day. No bells and whistles just a genuinely good, honest, clean and friendly place to stay

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 26 November 2018 via mobile

It has taken us some time to consider what to say about this establishment as we wanted to be constructive rather than criticise too much

What I would say in its favour is that the bed sheets were very clean but we would have preferred a duvet to a blanket on the grounds of hygiene and the pillows were pancake flat

The man on the front desk was helpful. The place is very convenient to Ipswich town centre and we parked at the front as I doubt our car would have fitted in additional carpark at the rear.

The room number 20 was tiny and very dated it should be classed as a single room when you refurbish as no room to manoeuvre into the bed from the window side as large radiator hinders access.

Small cramped room small bed dirty black mould 1950s decoration very old wardrobe. I would not class this as a hotel but a hostel.

The sink was in the bedroom not the tiny dirty ensuite there were no plugs in either the sink or the bath plus no taps!!!! In the bath.
We did not use the bath black mould round bath and had to boil water to wash as the water heater did not work. Loose Loo seat and broken toilet roll holder.

Was full of extension cables and tired and ancient portable TV on a bracket on the wall
The stairs to the second floor were very narrow and dangerous to negotiate

Breakfast I really feel you should mention in your advertising that due to religious beliefs that certain food items would not be available i.e. bacon and pork sausages also another couple asked for butter as it had run out they were told no one available but they eventually bought out a block of butter from the kitchen which do not appear very professional.

Very limited time allowed to eat between 7.00 and 8:30 AM reflects the boarding house status and not a hotel by any means.

You might wish to concentrate your advertising towards contract workers who want a cheap place to sleep.

Lastly we object to the email via the booking agent where you compare yourself to a major hotel chain we would rather have paid the extra money for a station clean modern room.

Date of stay: November 2018