Lowest prices for your stay
US$82
SAVE US$15
Hotels.comUS$82
Booking.comUS$81
getaroom.comUS$84
All reviews swimming pool leisure facilities bar area sofa bed would stay again town centre stayed here for one night gym inns outskirts
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 October 2020

Great value for money, good level of service for 3 starts, didn’t expect the rooms to be so cosy and clean. Amazing breakfast, not a lot of choice, but it’s so tasty, kids couldn’t stop going to the buffet.

Definitely recommend for family trips as a place to stay overnight and feel like home.

Trip type: Travelled with family
General Manager HI Ipswich, Owner at Holiday Inn Ipswich, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2020

Dear 1r1n5,

Thank you for leaving us a great review. I'm so glad that your children enjoyed our fabulous breakfast buffet !

Reviewed 30 October 2020

Decent value, comfortable rooms with the hotel well placed for the harbour area. Comfortable beds provide for a decent night's sleep. Within a few minute's walk of the town centre for a choice of restaurants.

2  Thank SteveCullen84

Dear SteveCullen84,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 28 October 2020

Stayed here for 2 nights on a businees trip and found it ideal for me having a lovely pool , ideal after a stressful day. Only 4 people allowed at any time due to Covid but i booked an hours slot on arrival. Breakfast was great however i didnt have dinner due to having to use a silly app to order . My phone didnt allow me to do it.
Rooms very clean beds comfy and adequate but showing signs of ave.

Room tip: All rooms seem fine Great stay but silly app for dinner
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Alan J,

Thank you for your review. I'm glad that your managed to enjoy our leisure facilities during your stay with us.

Reviewed 19 October 2020

Travelled as 3 adults. When we arrived they said our room wasn't ready so they allocated us another room but it was only made up for 2 people. They came along with bedding for the 3rd bed but had forgotten a 3rd cup so returned to get that. In the meantime we were left to make the 3rd bed ourselves. They returned with the 3rd cup then offered to make the bed up if we leave the room . By then we had already made it !! No pillow for 3rd bed and hairdryer did not work. Sofa bed very uncomfortable and room very small. However very clean and powerful shower. We stayed for breakfast and this was very good and staff at breakfast very friendly.

Date of stay: October 2020
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Ipswich, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2020

Hi lynnedann2018,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your feedback with us. It’s a pleasure to have you grace our hotel. I appreciate you citing the powerful shower and your dining experience. We want you to enjoy the best of home and hotel.

I am sorry to learn about the issues with the level of customer service delivered surrounding your room upkeep and amenities. We make sure that every guest feels cared for and valued. Your experience is certainly not the norm for our property.

You are our most valued guest and I assure you I have shared your feedback with the hotel management as a reference to prevent the shortcomings from happening again. I guarantee the actions taken will ensure our guests only receive the best service.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel and replace your bad experience with one that reflects our True standards.

Warmest regards,

Zel N.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 16 October 2020

Visited here with my partner, checked in fine by a friendly staff member. Went to the room and the key took a lot of attempts to actually work to get in the room and it did so every time we popped out then back. The shower room was rather small personally but it looked rather nice. The bedside lamp did not work but the issue I had was being on the ground floor I felt there should be more secure windows. I felt I couldn't have my window open to sleep because when I tested it out the window was able to open fully with no extra clicks meaning anyone from the outside would have no issue getting into the room at all. Got the breakfast add on and there was a fair few bits to choose from and there was added extras like muffins and other pastries. Overall it was OK but was over double the price what I paid at a rival hotel and the other hotel was better, personally.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank HonestGuy15
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Ipswich, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2020

Hi HonestGuy15,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent travel.

We're committed to providing a comfortable and secure hotel stay and efficient services. I'm sorry that your experience was less than perfect because of the issues with the window, the room key, and the design of the shower area. Your feedback allows our hotel team to see what are the things that need improving, and I'm sure that they will think of ways to address it to make the future experience more fulfilling.

I hope that you would still consider us again and give us another chance to host you the next time you visit the area.

All the best,