Lowest prices for your stay
US$87
SAVE US$40
Expedia.comUS$87
Hotels.comUS$87
StayForLongUS$113
All reviews swimming pool leisure facilities bar area sofa bed would stay again town centre stayed here for one night gym inns outskirts
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

My husband stayed at this hotel on his own for a work trip, he spoke to me on the phone for most of his stay. He said his room was perfect and clean, food was lovely and waiting staff were amazing. He only had one issue which upset him that evening. He gave the young waitress a tip for making his evening a good experience, he said she went above and beyond to make sure he had everything he needed, and although she was the only one serving while he was there and there was a lot of tables to be served, he felt like he had her 100% attention and wished he could tip her more. He was very shocked and upset that the manager of the evening who had not served any of the tables in the main room that evening and hadn’t even given him a smile took her tip and put it in her own pocket as he was leaving. Another customer had said to him that the same lady had done the exact same thing to this waitress before and many other members of staff every time a tip is received. I am astounded that higher members of staff can just steal waiters hard earned tips. As a retired waitress myself I know how much these young people rely on there tips.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reception Manag... H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Ipswich, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Good Afternoon,

Thank you very much for the feedback you have left us, we really do appreciate it.

It is always such a pleasure to receive such wonderful feedback regarding our staff, thank you so much.

I want to reassure you that our staff members tips are received, and enjoyed, by all of the team members in their relevant departments.

They are collected by senior staff in the first instance, but distributed to team members.

Thank you again for the feedback you have taken the time to leave us, and hopefully we will see your husband, and yourself again soon.

Kind regards,

Amber Giles

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

We had 2 nights at the London Road hotel, all the staff we met were friendly and welcoming and nothing was too much trouble. Special mention to the chef who went out of his way to cater for me as a vegan. Really great team, well done!!!

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
General Manager H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ipswich, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2018

Dear Katie C
WOW what a lovely review and I am so happy that we were able to cater for all your needs.I will pass on these lovely comments to the team .

See you again soon.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Family get together - first time at a Holiday Inn- very impressed with our executive room, bath robes, toiletries, water and chocolate. Room clean and spacious with decent size tv. Ate in onsite restaurant- staff very attentive- bringing out birthday cake and singing happy birthday . Food varied and delicious. Comfortable bed with choice of pillows, great nights sleep. Breakfast was plentiful- continental (various pastries, fresh fruit, yoghurts, cereals, ham & cheese) traditional fry-up buffet with choice of eggs. Can totally recommend this hotel and have now joined their reward scheme. Thank you for a lovely stay.

Trip type: Travelled with family
General Manager H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ipswich, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear Fiona S

Thank you for the lovely review. I am delighted to read you enjoyed your stay and your brothers 50th birthday was a success. Thank you for joining our IHG reward scheme , I am sure you will enjoy the rewards you will receive.

Please visit us again soon.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for a long weekend, the room was tiny, even for just two people, you couldn’t walk into the bathroom and close the door without wedging yourself against the sink area, there were previous guests hair in the bath and stuck to the tiles, the carpet needed a proper vacuum as I couldn’t stop sneezing for the dust. There was also paint on the border of the picture above the bed, so whoever painted the room (badly), didn’t remove the pictures first. The wallpaper was peeling, and the glasses in bathroom looked like they’d just been rinsed out and put back. Cannot comment on the food, I feel £15 for a breakfast per person is excessive, so we drove to Tesco nearby and got a great breakfast for £5 every day. I also recommend the cleaners remove the mattress toppers and wash them and vacuum the bed as well to remove excess dust. We visit Ipswich a few times a year to visit relatives but will not be coming back here, even the offer of a free use of the pool area isn’t enough of an incentive to make me go back

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank JenIgma29

Dear JenIgma29

Thank you for your review . I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us . I have passed on your comments to my Head Housekeeper who will ensure procedures are put in place to action all your comments . We do offer a reduced rate of £15 for 2 people for breakfast if you purchase a voucher at check in .

Once again thank you for your feedback .

Reviewed 2 April 2018

I stayed here for a night last weekend, and treated my mum and dad to a room as it was my mum's birthday. The rate was a bargain, so I wasn't expecting much other than the usual Holiday Inn experience. I was wrong, however, and am amazed at how much you get for your money here. It's suddenly become one of my favourite hotels when visiting the area, and I was so impressed I came back this weekend for another visit!

The location is convenient - just off the A12/A14 junction, and Ipswich Park and Ride. There's plenty of free parking. Check-in on both stays was quick and efficient, and I was welcomed nicely as a Platinum member of their loyalty club. On both occasions I was given a lovely executive room, complete with free chocolate and water, which is always appreciated. The room was clean and comfortable, and quiet even though it's near the road.

The breakfast is good value, whether you book it in the room rate or buy a voucher on arrival. There's a nice choice of cereals, cooked and continental items. I found it all well cooked and tasty. I noticed we got special mugs as IHG Rewards members, which was a nice touch I've not seen anywhere else! One of the members of staff at breakfast was particularly friendly and helpful on our first visit, couldn't do enough to help.

The hotel has a nice pool, which is unusual in this price range. We used it both times, and had a great time. It's quite small, but wasn't too busy. The water was nice and warm, and the facilities seemed quite well kept.

The bar was a nice atmosphere, and the bar man who served us this Friday night just gone was particularly cheerful and friendly.

Special mention to all the staff who looked after my friend when he bumped his head quite badly. Everyone took care of him and made sure he was ok - he ended up going to A&E later in the day to get some stitches, but is recovering now.

The only slight annoyance was from other guests - having screaming matches outside in the corridor in the early hours (4am, and some other unknown time before that). I always request rooms as far away as possible from central areas for this reason, but forgot on this occasion. Can't hold that against the hotel, but it was very disruptive to a good night's sleep.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Terry D

Wow , thank you for the outstanding 5* review . I am so glad to read you thoroughly enjoyed your stay. I have passed on your lovely review to my team .

Please come and visit us again soon.