“Awfulness”

New York Cocktail Bar
Ranked #54 of 70 Nightlife in Ipswich
Reviewed 6 January 2016

NYE is the worst place I have ever been to. The service was a sham, I was waiting for nearly 30mins for my drink order to be taken and when it was taken the person behind the bar was rude and also got the drink order wrong. The toilets!!!! May aswel be a drug den. Also I thought you weren't meant to serve customers intoxicated due to customers safety. But what I don't get is there was a girl extremely drunk she fell over at the bar right in front of me and to my dismay she still got served."MIND BOGGLE" !!! Never will I go back the whole place is shocking rant over....!!!!!

Reviewed 3 January 2016 via mobile

Was absolutley appauled by the rude door staff. We went to NYE bar to be told we were not allowed in due to our footwear being too casual (which is understable if that is the dress code), however as we stood by at the front other patrons where allowed in with casual footwear, when we challenged this they simply said they only allow certain types of casual footwear. Not only did I think this was a poor commercial decision considering how quiet they were, but personally in my eyes this is discriminating, picking and choosing who you let in to a venue, simply on the grounds of types of clothing you wear. This is a very bad look on NYE bar and me and my friends will certainly not be returning, I do NOT recommend this venue to anyone wanting a good night out.

2  Thank Aaron W
Reviewed 20 June 2015

I am a regular to New York probably 2 times a month and am always greeted like a long lost friend by the doormen. The bar staff are great fun, always showing of their new cocktail skills and the DJs play the current songs that get stuck in your head. The promoters and the receptionist are always warm and welcoming. Its a shame about the neighbouring bar really!

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Been here a few times now. True cocktails, great music and relaxed but professional staff. No Attitude from doormen and open until 3am! Not expensive drink like most. Genuinely a great place! Be back soon!

3  Thank Rob D