Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$70
Hotels.comUS$70
Booking.comUS$70
eDreamsUS$70
CheapTicketsUS$70
Agoda.comUS$70
1,122 results
All reviews car park good size mini bar executive room football ground per night reception staff room was large bed was very comfortable excellent breakfast short stay stayed here for one night saturday night good nights sleep toilet roundabout cinema
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 October 2020

Stayed for four nights for leisure purpoese. Good location, both in terms of Ipswich (station less than 10 minutes walk, city centre and quayside less than 5), and as a base for visiting Suffolk (Snape Maltings, Southwold, IWM Duxford, Lavenham etc). The hotel is well organised in terms of Covid security, although some residents didn't get the message about wearing facemasks. The bar is expensive, and the breakfast not worth £10 per head, but there are enough options for eating out close by, such as Cafe Myra for breakfast, and The Dove for evening meals and drinks. The hotel staff are excellent, and seem to have to multi-task, flitting between reception and serving behind the bar!

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Nuwan Jayasena, General Manager at Novotel Ipswich Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2020

Dear Jonathan B

Thank you for your very kind words. Pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Me and my team is delighted to hear that we prepared the hotel safe with Covid 19.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Novotel Ipswich in near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 18 October 2020 via mobile

Stayed overnight and was fairly pleased with the service- staff were attentive and helpful- fantastic welcome from Steve I think his name was, who was on reception who explained everything about the place. Decor in the main areas were mordern and bright and the room was nice too - fab bathroom with shower. The hotel has thought about traffic flow for covid and felt safe

Dear Debandpetee

Thank you for taking time to review and also for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated. Me and my team enjoyed reading this. Steven is thrilled with his name being mentioned. No doubt this will serve as an encouragement and also motivate him to serve all our future guests with service minded with a passion.

Thank you so much for recommending us for friends and family.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Novotel Ipswich soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 18 October 2020 via mobile

Stayed here for one night. Overall good experience- public areas are clean and welcoming and the rooms are all modern with a few extra touches like a lit headboard, phone charger points and smart tv. Bathroom was great a modern shower with rainfall and seperate wc a good idea . The Staff were all pleasant and helpful- Steven on reception was excellent and was a welcome sight, nothing was too much trouble and he explained everything we needed to know during our stay. Now for the negative- the type of clientele do not understand the concept of being respectful and being quiet which is a shame- bring your earplugs as the constant noise of the doors to each room being slammed was frustrating and yes even in the night! Our bed was really really firm and therefore a very uncomfortable sleep. Had we tested it earlier am sure the hotel would have tried to be accommodating but when we returned to our room late we felt it too late to have anything done. Would return and stay again and would recommend but to request a bed preference would be sensible.

Dear DebnPete2012.

Thank you very much for taking time to review and giving us 5 stars rating. This truly means a lot to me and my team. I am pleased you liked the hotel and its facilities. Steven is delighted with his personal mention. I am sure this will be nice motivational booster for continue doing great job our guests. Apologies about the noise from other guests on corridors. We will try to monitor this going forward.

Looking forward to see you soon

Kind Regards

Reviewed 18 October 2020

The hotel room was fine and as can be expected from Novotel. I did feel it a little bit strange that the coffee, soap etc. were not in room (they have to be touched somewhere !). The food served was done under conditions as we have to expect in COVID-19 time, but very regrettable no one made remark when guest was not wearing mask I personally I hated that the server of the drinks was coming to the table not wearing mask, I did not feel safe. Except this item all was ok

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
2  Thank RuudenIne

Dear RuudenIne.

Thank you very much for your review. I am happy you liked the room,however noted the points you raised around Covid 19 changes. The hotel has given ALLSAFE label after very detail cleanliness implementations we had to do around cleanliness, and sometimes this could be inconvenient for some guests. I am looking into the person who served you without a mask, apologies on behalf of the hotel and can assure you that this will be dealt with.

Kind Regards.

Reviewed 11 October 2020 via mobile

Stayed in a few novotel hotels and usually quite impressed. But sadly this one didnt impress me. The rooms were spacious and bed comfy but thats where it ends unfortunately. There were paper cups in room for tea/coffee, i know this is cos of covid 19 but you couldnt wash them out once you had used them. Only 1 part of the shower worked, lamp in room didnt work. Breakfast was covid secure with evetything in packets. Ie milk, cereal,juice ect. But the hot food was not up to novo standard. Everything was bland tasting half done toast and cold mushrooms. One of the towels in the room had makeup all over it. Obviously not been changed. I did report it to reception.and she did apologise but this shouldnt have happened in first place. This hotel is not cheap so should have better standards for what you pay

1  Thank netttie
Nuwan Jayasena, General Manager at Novotel Ipswich Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2020

Dear netttie

Thank you very much for taking time to review.

I am sorry on this occasion we failed to impress you. We had to implement many changes according with Covid 19 safety measures to operate the hotel. This does mean we have to deviate from some standards we had over years. Replacing paper cups was one of the measures we took to safeguard all our valuable guests as guest safety is paramount in our industry. I am happy you felt breakfast was covid secured, however noted the quality you mentioned on hot food items. I will personally look into this.

I really hope we can welcome you back again for a better experience with us.

Kind Regards