“Great value meal, with food cooked to order.”

MY Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #98 of 467 Restaurants in Ipswich
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Note: We have change our company name to My Chinese Restaurant. But It still under same management. Give us a call if have any question. Many Thanks
Reviewed 3 August 2016

A group of 5 of us visited 96 for a midday 'all inclusive' buffet meal.
I have been to 96 on many occasions and always find the food is good quality and a really good price at £8.50 for the lunchtime buffet. This price includes starters, main and a dessert.. I especially like the way the food is cooked to order, and always arrives piping hot.
We usually order a good selection of starters, along with the crispy aromatic pork (cheaper alternative to crispy duck available at lunchtime, but still very good). I really like the capital and BBQ ribs and sesame toast. All food is brought to the table piping hot on a large platter. If you are a larger group you may be lucky and sit at a table with a 'lazy Susan' which helps when sharing. All the tables have proper table clothes and napkins (not paper) which is a nice touch. We normally order a pot of Chinese tea which is refilled for free.
I have always found the service to be very good and attentive. The waitresses always refresh cups of Chinese tea whenever they visit the table.
For the main course you can order as many of the dishes as you want. We usually have eyes bigger than our bellies, as we are usually quite full after gorging on the starters. I can recommend the Chicken Chow Mein, Stir Fried Chicken with Black Bean & Chilli Sauce and Stir Fried Mushroom with Thai Oyster Sauce. If you managed to finish what you have eaten, you can always order more! You have the choice of using chop sticks or a fork.
If you are not full by this pont, there is always a selection of ice cream to choose from for dessert.
This is a lovely relaxed way to spend a lunchtime, with good food at a very reasonable price.

Reviewed 10 July 2016 via mobile

Unfortunately the title says it all. My wife and I used to go here all the time because to food and service was great. However we have not been out for a while but when we had the opportunity we decided to go to 96.
The starter was nice as were the duck rolls. However the main was really disappointing. You could tell the prawns and chicken balls had been processed, frozen and then dumped into a deep fryer. There didn't appear to be any care or effort made in cooking it all. Very disappointed and we won't be going back.

2  Thank Chris W
Reviewed 6 July 2016 via mobile

Visited here with a friend for the lunchtime buffet. Staff took orders and drinks quickly, food served is questionable, ribs were tastless, rice was dry, chicken curry was dreadfully tasteless and not an authentic chinese curry just cheap tasting. Pork with pancakes was okay though. The whole place needs refurbishing in my eyes. Not many items to choose from. Wont return.

2  Thank Laticia Marie v
Reviewed 4 July 2016 via mobile

We've always had a nice meal at 96 & have ordered a take away in the past as well. It is good you can order from a buffet menu rather than helping yourself. The food is always hot & tastes fresh. The drinks can be hit & miss, I usually have to ask for ice in my warm coke! It looks better now the carpet has been changed, but is still a bit drab. It's a shame it's in that part of town!

Reviewed 7 June 2016 via mobile

Can't fault the food it is a little pricy for all you can eat. But be aware they try and shift you from your table as they don't have a good book in system. They genuinely asked us if we could take our ice cream on the go! Without a cone! Apart from that satay chicken is to die for.