Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Official HotelUS$76
eDreamsUS$76
HurbUS$93
All reviews free pool table free movies bar area train station wet room football ground town centre budget hotel comfy bed saturday night car parking night's sleep playstation tv prosecco marina
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 January 2021

I stayed for a night in January 2021.

Plus side:
Bed was decent
Price
An issue with the room was sorted out quickly and I was moved to another room

Negative:
Felt like a slightly better Premier inn. I was expecting more

COVID restrictions, however, meant all communal areas were closed, and breakfast was sad few items in a bag hung on the door. In normal situations things are probably better.

Date of stay: January 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Joshua Edwards, Guest Services / Front Office at Pentahotel Ipswich, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2021

Dear 01STAY01,

Thank you for your comments and for taking the time to review our hotel.

We always take our guests feedback on board and continually work to improve our service.

We hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Stay Safe!

Reviewed 18 November 2020

We have stayed in PentaHotels before and have always found them to be good, this wasn't our best experience.

We stayed just before Lockdown 2 and on arrival were ready to relax with a drink in the bar before heading out later. We arrived at about 1pm to be told the bar would close at 4 due to staffing, which was fine, but when we went back down at 2 it was already closed.

The breakfast choice was made on check-in which wasn't ideal, but understandable, but the way it was managed by the staff in the morning was good.

On the whole, it just felt a bit tired. One of the lifts had broken buttons, old looking sheets and damaged robes etc, it just felt like it needed a little more. It is fine if you are looking to just sleep as the beds are comfortable and the free movies are a bonus.

The staff were however really good, and it wouldn't take much to bring it back up.

Date of stay: October 2020
1  Thank rockfordstone

Dear rockfordstone,

I'm sorry to hear you encountered some issues during your stay with us.

The team here at our hotel take pride in their work and feedback is always welcomed as we continually look to improve our service for our guests.

We have since rectified many of the issues that you have raised and we hope that you will return in the future, where we can offer our full services again.

Stay Safe!

Reviewed 13 October 2020

We stayed here in early July just after lockdown was raised. What can I say what a excellent welcome by reception!

This was an amazing stay with great customer service from the team. Thank you Penta team after a hard year you were amazing!

Would 100% stay again. A****

Date of stay: July 2020
Joshua Edwards, Guest Services / Front Office at Pentahotel Ipswich, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2020

Dear Suzy,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay in Ipswich with us and I'm delighted to hear you received great service.

Our team aim to ensure every one of our guests receive the very best experience each and every time they stay with us.

We very much hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 26 September 2020 via mobile

where do I even begin with this hotel..

Parking - you have to pay to park in the car park, which I consider ridiculous enough and its extortionate. Oh but don't worry! If the car park is full, the overflow car park is half a mile away!

Rooms - rooms were nice and bathrooms were updated well. They gave us two cups for coffees, these cups had holes in the bottom so our coffee just leaked out.
- Had to setup the TV ourselves to watch TV.
- telephone in room to contact reception, is an old fashioned phone and funnily enough doesn't work.
- during covid 19, cleanliness is quite key, the fire exits were covered in cobwebs therefore had not been cleaned.

Food - If you pay for food before hand, i highly recommended booking it in advance. If you forget, don't worry, you can have cereal.. £15 pp well spent..
There portion sizes are also terrible and not worth the money anyway.

Staff - constantly on their personal mobile devices, 1 member of staff was so shocked I was waiting there, she actually jumped.

All in all, I had a terrible experience and was the first bad experience I've ever had in a hotel.. do not recommend.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank michaelhI4516NJ

Dear Michael,

I'm sorry to hear you encountered some issues during your stay with us.

Please feel free to email me directly on gsm.ipswich@pentahotels.com, I would be happy to hear your comments regarding the service of our staff, as they typically pride themselves on this, I would want to bring this to their attention.

Reviewed 24 September 2020

A 3 night awful stay. Very basic room no proper wardrobe just a small hanging rail. No fridge ,no safe and not any form of housekeeping. on the first night the plug was stuck in the bathroom basin. No maintenance available until the morning.
The car parking instructions were a fiasco ,told something different by everyone which on one occasion led to a confrontation between a receptionist and myself and my husband had to intervene because of the abuse I received from the receptionist.
Breakfast was hit and miss depending on who was on duty that morning. Offer of some things one day and not the next.
Bar prices were expensive. The final nail in the coffin was when my credit card holder with my cards in it disappeared. I had only used this when I checked in and not at any other time during our stay ,but obviously with no proof of what might have happened to it I couldn't accuse anyone!!
We have stayed at hotels worldwide and I'm afraid this one was the worst ever.
Avoid if possible.

Date of stay: September 2020
1  Thank Venture01936764401

Dear Venture01936764401,

I'm sorry to hear you encountered some issues during your stay with us.

I have since spoken with you regarding the lost property - we were unable to locate this item but the necessary checks were made to try and locate this to no avail.