Lowest prices for your stay
US$90
US$77
PricelineUS$76
FindHotelUS$77
Trip.comUS$90
All reviews free pool table free movies bar area train station wet room football ground town centre budget hotel comfy bed saturday night car parking night's sleep playstation tv prosecco marina
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 January 2019 via mobile

Worst level of customer service in a hotel I have ever experienced. I have stayed in this hotel numerous times and paid by cash no problem. This time I was asked fora £300 deposit which I didn't have. I'd just driven 5 hours to get there and with it being 8pm I had no where else to stay. I explained to the hotel manger who said if I dint pay the £300 I couldn't check in. I explained that I'd stayed there before and paid cash and had not been asked for a deposit, which they checked and saw was true. He didn't care that I was stranded and said I could go and sleep in my car for all he cared!!! Absolutely disgusting customer service and he took great delight in being as unhelpful as he could be. Luckily I got money transferred and paid by card as there is no deposit when paying by card. Be warned if you pay by cash you will NOT be allowed to check in unless you pay a £300 deposit!!!

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
gsmipswich, Manager at Pentahotel Ipswich, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2019

Dear dschrier75,

Thank you for your review.

Traveller reviews are individual, highly subjective opinions and not factual statements. However, we do thank you for your feedback and will take note of the comments in order to continually improve the services provided to our guests.

Kind regards,

Joshua

Reviewed 8 January 2019

One of my favourite hotels alway friendly staff and everything I could ask for, the room the breakfast the downstairs bar area, nice clean rooms and shower is good, in a good place 7 mins to shops 2 min to train station, 10 mins if that to marina

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
gsmipswich, Manager at Pentahotel Ipswich, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2019

Dear Sherpa00905600207,

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you feel you received great service.

Our staff take great pride in their work and very much appreciate your feedback.

Thank you again for staying with us and providing feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 6 January 2019 via mobile

We stayed here as a couple, and thought the bar area and restaurant were very nice. The atmosphere was cozy and relaxed and the free pool table was great. The food was really very nice, and the waitress very pleasant. The drinks were on the expensive side though. The actual room was ok, nothing special, but perfectly adequate for a night. The bed was comfortable, everything worked and was clean. The only slight annoyance was the parking. There is limited parking outside through a barrier, which we used, but it cost £8 overnight. This wasn’t well explained, and although not hugely expensive, could have been better advertised. They could also do with a sign on the main road signposting the car park. The hotel is not central for town - you’d need a car, taxi or bus - but was good value and worth it for the food and bar experience.

Dear Salamander1986,

Thank you for your comments and for taking the time to review our hotel.

We always take our guests feedback on board and continually work to improve our service.

We hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 4 January 2019

Hotel was fantastic and it allowed us to stay with our dogs, only downside was price of carpark, if this was allowed to be refundable to paying guests than it would be acceptable. Only negative about our stay

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
gsmipswich, Manager at Pentahotel Ipswich, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2019

Dear Tour57854191333,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay in Ipswich with us and I'm delighted to hear you received great service.

Our team aim to ensure every one of our guests receive the very best experience each and every time they stay with us.

Unfortunately all Ipswich Central hotels do charge for their car park, due to the prime locations and security offered.

Kind regards,

Joshua

Reviewed 2 January 2019

Had a fab time in Ipswich New Years Eve. Took a cab to the Centre of town. Nice hotel. Loved the power shower. Comfy bed. Slept well. English breakfast tea. Nice toiletries. A pleasant stay. Was dancing till 1.30. A great night out.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
gsmipswich, Manager at Pentahotel Ipswich, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2019

Dear glendab339,

Thank you for your comments and for taking the time to review our hotel.

We hope to welcome you back again in the near future.