“Amazing food and great, friendly service”
Review of East Ocean

East Ocean
Ranked #28 of 471 Restaurants in Ipswich
Price range: US$13 - US$33
Cuisines: Chinese, Contemporary
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Being one of the longest established Chinese restaurant in Ipswich, our mission has never changed: To provide the best dining experience to our customers. With the complete redesign of the restaurant layout, brand new kitchen and equipment, we are bringing a modern new fresh look to East Ocean. Over 30 years of dedication to make fine oriental cuisine, and 20 years of experience working in Chinese restaurants in Hong Kong, our head chef will make sure all our customers enjoy the finest Chinese cuisine.
Reviewed 12 June 2017

My partner and I visited East Ocean last Thursday. This was our second visit, as we first visited in March and thought it was amazing. My partner loves Chinese and, as his mum his Malaysian, he knows good Chinese food! I am also quite picky with Chinese restaurants; in Colchester, where we live, there is only one Chinese restaurant that I like. This is by far one of the best that we have both been to.

My partner loves satay chicken and said that it is amazing here. I always get dumplings and kung po prawns, and both are delicious here. I was especially happy with the dumplings, as I find that they aren't that great at a lot of Chinese restaurants.

The service is also very good: the staff are very friendly and hospitable.

The restaurant is perfect walking distance to the Ipswich Regent Theatre, just under five minutes, which is where we went afterwards. We will definitely be back in September as we will be going to the Ipswich Regent again.

The bill came to around £40, and that was for two starters, two mains, two rice and four beers: extremely reasonably priced, especially for such good quality food!

Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

This is my second review after a 5 star compliment a couple of years ago. The food here is just great and well priced. The service was impeccable and just well worth a visit. Thank you East Ocean.

Reviewed 20 May 2017 via mobile

Little gem! Best Chinese I have had in a long time. Excellent food, lovely atmosphere and good service from attentive staff. Would highly recommend

Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

Stayed in Ipswich for the weekend and we ended up finding this place as the first 2 we tried were closed on Sundays. We went for the set menu for 2 and it had a great selection of starters, you then pick 3 of your choice mains and they come with chow mein and rice. The food itself was excellent to the point I was annoyed with myself for not being able to finish everything off. The staff were very pleasant and couldn't have been more helpful. The restaurant was clean, bathroom was clean. Overall a very happy experience at the restaurant and I would highly recommend it.

Reviewed 23 March 2017

Went there this week with 2 friends great food and staff very accommodating
Went on a Tuesday so was over crowded so able to talk will definitely go again