All reviewslocal produceb and bfriendly proprietoroverlooked the gardenvisiting ipswichturkish restaurantplenty of parkinglittle extrasbeds were comfortablequiet at nightdouble rooma great staynice roomnight staygood sizetown centremartin
Reviewed 18 February 2018

My sister booked this B&B as we were visiting relatives that live locally. The accommodation was clean and comfortable. However, we didn’t relealise that they had a resident cat which resided in the breakfast room, having a fear of cats this spoiled my stay as I had to go through the breakfast room to get to the bedroom and couldn’t join the rest of the family for breakfast. So unfortunately we will have to look for somewhere else to stay for our next visit. (for years we stayed at the Sidegate B&B until it closed down)

Room Tip: Rear rooms overlook the garden
Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
LatticeLodge, Owner at Lattice Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, and noting that the rooms were clean and comfortable.

We do indeed have a pet cat, who adopted the previous owners and remained in situ when I bought the place 10 years ago.

One of the perils of booking via a third party rather than direct is the potential for loss of communication between the guest and the accommodation provider. Our own website states clearly that we have a pet cat, but I'm guessing either this wasn't mentioned at all, or wasn't mentioned clearly enough, on the third parties website.

We're sorry that you'll be finding alternative accommodation in future, but fully understand the reason why.

Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

Received a warm welcome upon arrival and all important information given in person. I stayed in the top floor room (smallest) which was perfectly fine for a single night's stay, though a bit cramped with the large bed. Wifi could be better (in terms of both speed and reliability), but that may have been because of the room being at the top of the building - I've certainly had worse. Had the uncooked breakfast which was good, nice selection (toast, yoghurt, cereals, juice, fresh coffee). The proprietor was super friendly and engages well with guests. The location is handy, it's out of the way of the center but is near all the amenities you'd need, and a bus stop is just outside (perfect for the 66 route). Overall, a very pleasant trip without any problems.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
LatticeLodge, Owner at Lattice Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2018

Hi Christoph,

Thanks for taking the time to track us down and leave a review.

The room you booked is what is called in hotel speak 'cosy', which is why we describe it as a Small Double. For those reading this who would like more space, please consider booking a Standard or Superior Double.

I'm sorry you had a poor WiFi experience. The whole system was professionally upgraded a few months back, and speed tests done in all rooms - from memory the minimum we got in any room was over 8mb. I guess it's possible that other guests were hitting it hard at the same time though.

I'm glad you liked the breakfast, and found us friendly - we do try!

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 2 January 2018

We are a large family of over 20, and when we decided to spend Christmas as one big group at the beginning of 2017 I set about sourcing a place big enough for us all with kitchen facilities so we could rustle up a feast. When I came across Lattice Lodge I was really pleased to discover we could exclusively hire the whole place with all 11 rooms and en suites, living room, dining room, conservatory and massive well equipped kitchen for a very reasonable price for 4 nights.

The owner, Martin, was very helpful and the booking process was easy and simple. Martin knows the area well so was able to advise on where to buy the veg from and which pubs to go to!

We arrived on 23rd December and stayed until 27th. The B&B itself is lovely, the rooms are well decorated, light and airy and the whole place was spotlessly clean. The location was great with some shops nearby and more importantly, a pub 10mins walk away. There were Christmas trees and decorations already up but we added some more for good measure.

The house is huge. Everywhere we turned there was another corridor with more rooms! The living room was cosy and comfortable and the dining room seated 20 of us with ease for our Christmas dinner. There was a large fridge and freezer, double oven and thankfully a dishwasher (!) there was plenty of space for the children to play and a DVD player so they could watch Disney films on a loop....! The fireplace in the lounge was the perfect place to leave mince pies and a carrot for santa and his reindeers and the looks on the childrens faces when they came down to find he had been was priceless.

We loved the whole stay and had a fantastic family Christmas. I would definitely return for a night or two as a B&B guest and should we ever need somewhere for a big family get together I wouldn't hesitate to get in touch with Martin again. Thank you Lattice Lodge!

Room Tip: One of the rooms with a refurbed bathroom.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
LatticeLodge, Owner at Lattice Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2018

Hi Nena,

Thanks for the lovely review!

For those reading this with our "B&B" hat on, please be aware that you only get the run of whole house when you hire it all for your exclusive use.

We're very lucky to have such fantastic independent shops on our doorstep - we support them ourselves to make sure they stay there.

We're delighted to hear that your family had such a lovely Christmas here.

See you next time!

Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

Great hotel/BB had a 2 night stay while in town for work. Nice room clean and neat no road noise in the room small bathroom but shower was hot with acceptable pressure good breakfast featuring local produce Very happy good value

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
LatticeLodge, Owner at Lattice Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2017

Hi Ed,

Thanks for the 5 star review!

We hope to welcome you back soon...

Thanks and regards,

Reviewed 25 October 2017

Booked a double room last minute and was extremely pleased with the result. The decor is lovely, the location nice and quiet, and the owner very friendly and helpful.

I was already amazed by how lucky I was with this venue and then I read in the guest information booklet about how they strive to make the lodge as green as possible, and all the prizes they have won so far for their efforts.

The location is also easily connected to the town centre via bus, and there are also a bank and a supermarket nearby.

Definitely would recommend, this is probably the best place overall I have stayed in in England.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
LatticeLodge, Owner at Lattice Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2017

Well, it's lovely to get such a great review from a mystery person!

We're honoured that you felt it worth tracking us down and letting others know what you thought.

If you do come back again, do introduce yourself to us.

Many thanks,