“Much better than expected - service fantastic!”
Review of Miller & Carter

Miller & Carter
Ranked #57 of 460 Restaurants in Ipswich
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Our waitress was fabulous, really attentive and helpful. I was sceptical about this sort of chain steak restaurant but my steak was cooked to perfection and we got the two sharing platters to start, they were amazing also, so much choice. The decor could use some work, a bit outdated/frumpy, glasses on the table were really dirty etc. But food and service, can't complain!

General Manager A, Manager at Miller & Carter, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Ellenaf94, we are very happy we could provide you with a positive experience, reviews like this give us motivation and help us ensure we provide high-quality service.

Thank you again for letting our team know how we did! We look forward to helping again in the future. Take care!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This was our second visit to Miller and Carter this visit was for my partners birthday. We was not disappointed the steaks here are cooked to perfection I.e we all ordered medium and they was medium and perfect, we had lobster for sides and this was gorgeous too. Our waiter Jerome was extremely friendly and attentive and we even had a laugh for me personally the service is just as important as the food. Will we go again yes we will, if I could afford to I would be there every weekend. Thank you Miller and Carter for a lovely evening.

Hi Pearls21, thank you so much for your positive comments about Miller & Carter Ipswich!

Jerome is one of our superstars and he will be really happy to see you have singled him out and mentioned him in this review.

Maybe next time you visit us, try a Thursday evening or all day Sunday to take advantage of our set menus, then maybe we can see you every week ;)

We're glad to hear we delivered such a great experience. If there's anything further we can do for you, we are happy to help!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

18 of us loud sales people most of whom hadn't heard of the chain but will be looking up when returning home across the UK !
I didn't have a la carte as it was Thursday and there was a 3 course date night menu
Cheddar mushrooms for starters; the main course was a wonderful 50 day aged grain fed rib-eye which was perfection in taste and leanness great presentation and accompanied by onion loaf and lettuce wedge with Stockton sauce. Had a fine creme butler to finish
All this superb food for 24.95 !!!!
Wanted to take my wife thus Thursday for her to try this at sutton coldfield but unfortunately it was fully booked from several days out - no surprise given the value on offer !!!

Thank you again for taking the time to let us know how we did. It reallt excites us to read amazing reviews like this!

You managed to pick my favorites off of our dates and steaks menu, the rib-eye has an amazing flavour from those extra days aging.

We hope to see you again at Ipswich soon but sounds like you can visit quite a few of our almost 100 restaurants across the country.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Lets begin at the beginning.......

The online booking process was easy

The wait at the door, standing around for around 5 minutes whilst staff rush about ignoring us was unwelcoming

The restaurant was cold, as far as I could see many people kept their coats on, and without one, I was uncomfortable.

My companion was seated on a chair that has a collapsed seat. Seriously uncomfortable.

Although half the restaurant was closed, we were put on a table so close to others we could listen to their entire conversations. Not my idea of relaxed intimate dining

A large party at the opposite table had just left. their debris remained uncleaned for our entire visit. Not the nicest to look at.

We were asked for our drinks order quite quickly, good.

The delay in taking our food order should have alerted us to how long it was going to take to receive our (no starters) main course orders. Unfortunate, since we were both rather hungry.

Then the salad wedges (actually just a chunk of iceberg lettuce) turned up. The tasteless dressing on my friends one is a pity. And we assumed our steaks would be close behind. Oh no. That'll be another 20 minutes later, by which time we ate the salad accompaniment since we were a bit hungry. And drank most of the drinks too.

There's a clear choice of how you want your steak cooked. I said medium rare. Actually it was almost raw. My companion said well done and his was pink in the middle. It's a steak restaurant, unfortunately it seems they can't even get cooking steak right.

The attempt by waiting staff to ask if everything was OK was so rushed and I was so disenchanted that I didn't bother. It doesn't help when the two couples adjacent could overhear everything......

The onion cake thing that is supposed to be more upmarket than dear old fashioned pub style onion rings was tough and must've been under heat lamps for quite some time. Actually I could see it sitting there from where I sat and also how the chef hacked pieces off to serve from time to time

Deserts, no thanks - we want out please as soon as possible

Avoid

Actually I don't think much of this is the fault of the staff on duty. It looked to me like there just weren't enough staff to cope on the Thursday night I was there

1  Thank Ipswichguy1959
General Manager A, Manager at Miller & Carter, responded to this reviewResponded 5 days ago

Hi, thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience. We are disappointed to hear that you are not satisfied with your visit.

We are hoping you willing to give us another chance

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Having read the reviews I must admit we were worried about what we might experience on our visit. However, from the moment we arrived to the moment we left, the service and food we received was second to none.

We were seated at our table immediately, drinks order taken within minutes and arrived just as quickly and then the meal order taken and arriving just as quickly.

The food when it arrived was well cooked and absolutely delicious. I have recently stopped ordering steak on meals out ad it appears nowhere knows how to cook one properly but not here...it was amazing, so full of flavour and cooked exactly how I wanted it to be (and none of that automatic peppering that has become prevalent of late).

For us the icing on the cake was the birthday serenade given to my son whose birthday it was..it really made his day.

Amazing food, brilliant staff and we will most certainly be back again.

General Manager A, Manager at Miller & Carter, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Suffolkcrazyone, we are so pleased you enjoyed your visit, we're glad you had such a wonderful experience with us! Thanks again for taking the time to leave us this information about your recent visit. Take care!