All reviews quiet lounge secure garage on arrival tea scones sea view every evening group booking coach trip nightly entertainment sea front my mum welcoming hotel breakfast and dinner night stay two nights other guests thoroughly enjoyed our stay
Reviewed 20 September 2016

The staff were very friendly and helpful, the eggs in the morning were delicious and the room was always kept tidy and generally looked beautiful with super comfortable beds and great big windows. The shower was also very enjoyable. Thanks very much for a wonderful stay! :)

Room Tip: the smaller rooms are adequate for couples but the larger rooms are so enjoyably spacious
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Francis G
Reviewed 15 September 2016

My parents were booked in to St Kilda (no vacancies this week) with Cumbria's Titterington Coaches for their North Wales holiday. However on day two of their holiday my father was taken ill during an excursion and taken to a local hospital. I quickly downed my plans and arranged to meet my mum at the hotel, concentrate on the hospital visits and find out how to support her and my dad. After the first hospital visit I was about to walk along the sea front to find a hotel with vacancies when I thought to ask the staff if there had been any rooms not filled. Having had one no show and moved another lady at her request I was successful in being booked into a tiny ensuite single that was perfect for my needs. Clean, with a sea view I stayed for two nights whilst my dad's transfer to a hospital back home was arranged. In the margins I watched how the staff treated everybody with kindness, consideration and total professionalism.

The breakfast choice was huge but they delivered exactly what anyone ordered. The dinner was three course, different every night (ordered at breakfast), cooked beautifully and very filling. So much so that on day two mum and I didn't need a mid morning scone nor lunch, and we never went hungry. Evening staff did key collection, the bar and hosted the entertainers with kindness, interest and grace.

Although I am still in my 40s (just) I can honestly say if this is old age...... we have nothing to fear.

All the staff asked constantly after my dad, including the receptionists, bar staff and lovely cleaner I had met when I tried to find my mum on arrival. They all treated my mum with utter sensitivity. It was clear when they told me about other previous visitors in a kind way they are still keen to know and think about past guests. One lady, not on the bus trip was staying for the fifth time with her husband who has health issues. My mum told me she had met a lady who is in her 20th visit.

Yes this is not the Ritz.

It is though a clean, seaside guest house style hotel with slightly small rooms, quirky showers, stairs that lead to rambling corridors, a lift for those who needed it and all reflected the golden age of a hotel in Llandudno.

However the honest, caring and kind staff are quite simply gems. THANK YOU :-) This made a difficult time soon much better and I am forever grateful.

Room Tip: Only saw two rooms. Both were clean. There was noise from the evening entertainer but finished at a sensible time.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank suejameson21
Reviewed 13 September 2016

The St Kilda has an unrivalled spot on the Llandudno promenade, overlooking the bandstand. Our sea view room was a constant delight, overlooking the bandstand, beach and bay with the pier curving out to the left. The rooms were immaculate, well furnished and stocked with tea and coffee, and cleaned so thoroughly it was a delight to return each evening. The breakfast was plentiful and catered for our dietary needs. Our group of four had an excellent long weekend in Wales and I would not hesitate to return here if and when the chance arises!

Stayed: September 2016
1  Thank groovyhelle
Reviewed 10 September 2016 via mobile

Brilliant hotel,great staff,food was great,In fact you couldn't fault it,we had a 5 day break there and enjoyed all of it,we also had great entertainment every night, we have been before (3 years ago) and certainly hope to go again soon.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 August 2016

Went with a local group of 39 people from our over 55's club and stayed 4 nights. Our room was adequate (231) although it could have done with a full length mirror in there - ladies do like to see how they look before going down to dinner!!
Above all the room and hotel was CLEAN! We've been to some that you were frightened to touch anything but St Kilda's staff were on the ball. Food was fine and so was the entertainment on the whole. Staff were pleasant and obliging and helpful. The facilities included a quiet room if you wanted; a lounge, thankfully without a blaring TV, and outside seating in front of the hotel to relax in the sun. We can recommend it easily. There is a lift for those who cannot climb stairs and the shops are about a 10 minutes stroll away. Parking may be an issue but we came by coach!
I would say that this is one of the quietest hotels during the night that we have ever stayed at, most having noisy lifts/guests etc at all hours, yet St Kilda's was nice and peaceful.

Room Tip: Some of the rear rooms can suffer from noisy seagulls at the crack of dawn, nevertheless its all part of the holiday isn't it!
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends