“Another Great Christmas 2014.”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of TY GWYN BACH

Great Orme
Britain's longest cablecar
Rome tramway
Last of its kind  in UK
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Damien H
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Another Great Christmas 2014.”
Reviewed 16 November 2015 for a stay in November 2015

This was our 2nd Christmas in a row 2013 and 2014. both were equaly great. and as last time it was clean tidy and lovely and warm. Its very close to the prom/pier and all the shops and pubs but still quiet. .I highly recommend staying here as its such good value for money. I would have stayed this Christmas 2015 but ive just had a bereavement in the family which prevents me from doing so. so if you haven't made any plans for xmas I would recommend spending it here...

Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
2 Mar 2016
Helen D
Derby
“Great Cottage”
Reviewed 28 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015

I have stayed in this cottage many times and once again there was nothing to complain about.

It is in a perfect location in a quiet friendly street and only minutes away from the sea front and the main shopping area.

The cottage has everything you need for a comfortable holiday base.

I will be booking again in 2016 and I am looking forward to visiting Llandudno again.

Liked best: Nothing to dislike
Michelled...
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Shabby”
Reviewed 25 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015

I chose this cottage as the reviews were very good, I went with my 2 small dogs and my partner joined me later in the week. The most positive thing is the location but after that I wouldn't bother. It had clean sheets and clean towels but the place is very shabby and unloved. I go away in the uk 3 time a year and I would say this is the worst place I have ever stopped. The settees are terrible they have throws on them to cover the state they are in but the throws move as soon as you sit down. The kitchen is basic and it was not cleaned - tin opener didn't work scissors didn't work, the TV in the main bedroom is a complete nightmare to work and after struggling for an hour to figure it out I realised the batteries didn't work in the remote control. The mattress situation in the bedroom was disgusting!! You have the feeling that even when you have had a bath you feel dirty whilst you are in the house. I would not recommend this to anyone. I did call the owner but he was on holiday when he returned he did not return my call. Very disappointed - I visit Llandudno every year but I won't be going back to this cottage.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
26 Sep 2015
This customer asked me if she could take her dogs with her to the cottage.
I said this was quite OK but they were not to go upstairs or go on the furniture.I had her agreement to this.
This turned out to be a total lie, the dogs roamed all over the house ,slept on the beds & sat on the furniture. It also appeared they had been in the bath as in the bathroom there were empty bottles of dog shampoo.Bowls for cereal had been placed around the house for the dogs to drink & eat of( these have been discarded)& dog hair was everywhere.
Dog biscuits were left on the floor in two rooms along with a very dirty dog head shield
The lady claims that she visits Llandudno each year so why does she not return to the same cottage ,probable because they would not have her.
Against all the rules smoking had taken place & the back yard & outside area at the front were full of cigarette butts
I took the cleaner an additional two hours to get the house clean
The Information binder gives details of where spare batteries are for remote controlls should they need replacing
I also do not understand the statement that bedding & towels were clean but she felt dirty after a bath .I would suggest that this derives from having dogs sleep on the bed with her
Jez N
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Perfect base for family holiday”
Reviewed 17 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015

I've given this a 5/5 as it was everything that we needed and Andy was really nice. The location is superb being adjacent to the local shops and restaurants, yet still quiet and also just a short walk from the Tram, West Promenade, Pier, and pathways up the Orme. Happy Valley and the Cable Cars are also not far. Whilst staying in Llandudno we visited Caernarfon, Llanrwst, Beaumaris, Llanberis, and Chester, all of which were no more than an hour's drive. When we didn't go out, we found the house very comfortable to relax in.

We did find that the kitchen was a bit cramped and we had to use a camping stool to sit five around the dining table, also, our youngest slept on a camping bed (which Andy had set up for us before we arrived), but these were compromises that we were already aware of before we booked and we felt that the price reflected this. Hence I'm still happy to give it 5/5 and as we didn't have time to do all that North Wales offers, we may well return...

Travelling group: Young Children
People with pets
Ramplingi...
“very pleasant”
Reviewed 8 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015

We live overseas and chose to spend a week here in order to visit parents and family. Ty Gwyn Bach was perfectly located, and despite being in the middle of summer, parking was not a problem at all. Had a small issue with the gas supply one evening and the owner was there in 20 minutes and had the problem sorted within 30. Cant ask for more than that.

Position is in the middle of town in a very quiet street, ye olde type cottage doors add to the feel of the place, and the bathroom is larger than one would perceive for a house of this age.

Bathroom cleanliness Service
Travelling group: Teenagers
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing