All reviews happy valley no lift listed building victorian hotel view of the bay llandudno bay original features dining room lovely hotel bank holiday other guests warm welcome top floor stayed here for one night full english breakfast lovely touch owners and staff
Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

This hotel advertises free parking, which consists of 2 narrow lines allowing 3 cars on one side and 2 on the other. Because of the limited space it means that customers have to squeeze themselves and their luggage between the 2 lines of cars. I had folded in my mirrors but next morning the drivers door mirror had been hit and dragged completely forward. Luckily I was able to reset the electric mirror but noted various stuffs and scratches on the mirror and on the rear door. Also because the cars are parked in a line, it means that if you have a car behind you and you wish to leave you have to get the hotel to contact the driver of the car and get them to move their car in order for you to get yours out. Total and possibly damaging chaos.
We were met on arrival by a scruffy looking individual, who immediately demanded the bill be paid before handing over the keys. The reception area immediately inside the front door is also scruffy and untidy.
The room had a great view of the bay (extra paid for this privelidge) and was reasonably clean but was very tired looking and in need of some TIC.
Breakfast was good with a good range of items available.
Handy pathway opposite to get you down to the bay but quite a haul back up.

1  Thank Fred7850
Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

We visited for a short relaxing break the hotel is in an excellent position with outstanding views over the orme gardens and sea. During our stay the hotel seemed to be under staffed as there was only ever one member of staff on reception and waiting on but they provided excellent service.
The hotel itself was clean and full of character but there was a distinct lack of attention to detail. The decor and furniture was dated and worn, blinds were broken and certain areas of the hotel were in need of renovation and repair. It's a shame because many of the jobs could be done quickly such as fixing blinds, painting and replacing worn sofas. I would have then given it 4 stars if this was the case. Overall a lovely hotel with lots of character but in need of updating.

Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

The hotel has amazing views all
round a bit of a climb if walking but well worth it .A old Victorian hotel full of character we had a very warm welcome and the lady on reception was very helpful, we only stayed one night and slept well, very quite apart from seagulls, room was clean with plenty of clean towels,plenty to choose from at breakfast and the cooked breakfast was very filling would definitely go back again

Reviewed 1 August 2018

We stayed here at the Headlands Hotel this year (Summer 2018) and thought it was a nice hotel. It is an old Victorian hotel which has been given the 'Premier Inn' treatment; our room had had a modern en-suite added at a later date. The ceiling of our room was quite high which kept the room cooler during the heatwave. We found our beds were clean and comfortable. Towels were also nice and clean and fluffy. The en-suite shower room was nice and modern and clean, with a reassuring smell of bleach on our arrival.

The views were lovely - I think rooms with a view might cost bit more - I'm not sure - but I thought it was worth it to see the view of the sea and Llandudno. We had some little chests of drawers in our room and a bedside cupboard; furniture a bit old like the hotel but I thought it went well with the age of the hotel.

We also had a bedside lamp, a radio alarm clock, decent mirrors, a kettle, cups with hot chocolate, milk, coffee, tea and sometimes we also had some biscuits. There was also a hair dryer in a drawer and a Gideon bible in another drawer. The windows were old Victorian Sash windows which opened.

The Hotel is up a steep hill, so views are lovely, but driving up the hill is not fun unless you are used to driving up hills; my poor car made horrid noises and smelt of smoke when I parked it... not sure why.... but this is likely my own in-experience in driving up hills as there are plenty of people who seem to have no problem at all! Parking is a bit tricky at the hotel, but they take your number plate so if you pen someone in, they can get in touch with everyone to move their cars. Parking in Llandudno in general was very busy and I thought, on reflection, it might actually have been better for me to get a train to Llandudno and then pay a local cab driver to drive me to the hotel as a local cabbie would also be used to driving up the steep hill to the hotel.

The hotel is twinned with another hotel along the prom in Llandudno called 'Four Saints' which we visited one day for our tea and it was also a nice hotel, friendly staff and a good offer on for tea and nice food. The staff at Headlands were also friendly.

Headlands had a lot of stairs and we didn't mind them, but you need to really think about these stairs if you have difficulties with climbing stairs...

The hotel did a nice breakfast; full English plus continental included in the booking fee. Served from 8 am to 9:30 am I think. The room has wifi and TVs in the rooms. Outside there are wild mountain Sheep which sometimes wander near the hotel and big Seagulls and Jackdaws. You can walk across to the cable cars easily from the Hotel.

There is a lot to see and do in Llandudno and surrounding area and I found it is a welcoming area of Wales for English visitors.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

This is our second time here, loved it the first time and loved it this time, hotel is really friendly, even our Labrador was made welcome, the breakfast sets you up for the day, location is perfect, beautiful views and right next to happy valley. It’s a Victorian building which still has all the features. Will be back soon for another little break

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple