2,025 results
All reviewsbuffet stylenational holidaysbit datedplenty of choicea sea view roomshort breakgreat weekendstanpiersingerprom
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

The hotel is absolutely filthy, very dated and in desperate need of total refurbishment.

The first ‘sea view’ room we were offered did not really have a sea view unless you walked out onto a filthy roof balcony, the bathroom was mound stained, we then got moved to another sea view room which had more of a view but was a tiny room for a family of 3, very dated and filthy.

Parking is s major issue as there is no parking provided by this hotel and you must seek on street parking and pay parking charges.

When booking your room this hotel advertises WiFi but it is only in the reception area on the ground floor.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Sjglg
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

This is got to be the worst hotel I have ever stayed.
I stayed in room 102A.
The A in the room is because the management seems to have divided the room 102 into two A and B.
The room is not good enough to be a double bed room leave alone being family room. The locking system is such that my two year old would be able to open door inside and go out. had to put a heavy bag Infront to stop her going out at night. the floor makes enough noise (charrr-charr) to wake the person sleeping in the lower level below that roof.
Cleaning was very poor they just wash the used coffee mug with water and put them back, I was able to notice as there was a stainless left in the cup while I had tea in the morning was left behind. used towel were taken away and not revolved with fresh onces. bins not cleared during cleaning.
I tried coffee at the coffee shop for 2.5£ got worst coffee than my office wending machine.
This is real cheating they should provide clear picture on net and I strongly suggest not to book this hotel of you don't wish to ruin your holiday.
As I got really frustrated seeing my room.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Abhishek N
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Just on our return journey from an Easter break at the Grand Hotel. Will not be returning. We paid £433 for a 3 night break and was expecting something far superior than what we got. Our room was extremely disappointing, very small and in need of a total upgrade. Shabby to say the least. The bathroom was tiny, black mould covered the grouting and the suite was very outdated, just a shower, no bath. The only plus point was the sea view! My partner and I decided to ask for our money back and find alternative accommodation. The reception staff offered us another room which I must say was better but still not of the standard we expected for the amount we paid. It was larger, bathroom a little better, with a bath and less mould. After checking alternative accommodation we decided to stay, although we didn’t have much option, as it was a bank holiday the town appeared to be full.
Thankfully we only booked bed and breakfast and hadn’t wasted any more money on evening meals. It was cold and unappetising. The area overlooking the sea was for people who had paid more money for a sea view! This company must be making a fortune, obviously that fortune is not going back into making this hotel back into the The Grand Hotel that it once was.
Just a heads up for anyone still contemplating still staying at this very dated hotel. Allow at least another £50 to park your car as we had to!

2  Thank Amanda C
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Loved the location! A functional but small room in a huge hotel that seems geared up for coach parties.
Traditional hotel but no WiFi in room! Gasp
Breakfast was served in a large room that had the ambiance of a staff canteen. Evening meals served before 7.30 only!!!
Did the job but overpriced in my view

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

The whole hotel was lovely expect the decoration was outdated.
The floor boards creaked so much!! Whoever stayed above our room was noisy as well due to the floor boards creaking so badly it woke us up.