Hotels.com
Trip.com
Hurb
Travelocity
1,528 results
All reviews car park swimming pool sea view hotel guests large bathroom lovely hotel sea front restaurant staff first class evening meal high standard north wales street parking enjoyable stay relaxing break short break second to none
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 June 2021 via mobile

I came here for a drink when visiting Llandudno. When I entered, I explained I was exempt from face masks due to the gentleman here asking. He asked me to provide a card to show I’m exempt. I didn’t realise this was a legal requirement as in England it’s not. However, the gentleman in question was very understanding, he was very polite and welcoming. When I went in to the bar area, the manager again was very welcoming and polite. The bar staff were also very friendly and polite. I would recommend to anyone visiting as there is a nice selection of drinks. Although I didn’t dine, the menu and food does look amazing. All staff I encountered were very friendly and welcoming.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Geoff Lofthouse, General Manager at Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you Kinbraunton for a great review and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 12 June 2021 via mobile

My husband was here with his company on a team builing weekend. He was very impressed but it was 11 years ago
We arrived and were quckly booked in. The room was a bit dated and worn. The window was small and there was a view of car parks qnd the back of other buildings. You could nt see through the window unless you stood up as it was quirlte high. The cleaners did a good job.Yes we could have upgraded but that would have made room that was £160 per night £220. It really was nt worth the £160.
The service was slow with a wait of 25 minutes. So we went else where for meals except breakfas.
Breakfast was very nice and the sraff pleasant. 25 min wat on the last day. I can understand that they are short staffed. The staff they have looked worn out that morning.
The girls in the spa were lovely and very helpful.
I think this property needs to be looked at with an unbiased pair of eyes to be able to put it s shortcoming right

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you Annie for your very honest review of your stay. I am very sorry you felt that the hotel didn't offer value for money. We feel that our prices are in line with other hotels in the area of the same standard. We do take on board all you comments and will make changes in some areas accordingly.

Reviewed 11 June 2021 via mobile

Booked a family room, room was a brilliant size and very clean. Bit dated but that seems to be a general thing for Llandudno and it didn’t particularly put me off. Room had everything we needed though. Lovely biscuits, tea selection too. Great selection of toiletries.

Booked hotel especially for swimming pool. Should have been made clear on booking that limited prebooked slots, as only over heard someone mention this at reception and at this point the times we could book were very limited. I would have booked before visit, if I had known.

The choices for evening meal very limited for vegetarians. Either baked celeriac? Or veg korma. The veg korma turned out to be a mushroom green Thai curry which only became apparent when presented, unfortunately I don’t like mushrooms, so just ate the sauce. The meal, felt like a bit of an afterthought. Think everyone with dietary need has been lumped into these two meals. Service times were poor, table next to us weren’t even given menu for first 20 minutes. Covid rules makes in particularly hard to get staffs attention when service is poor.

Breakfast had to wait 20 minutes for anyone to approach us after queuing already and being seated and I had to ask someone to please take our order as we hadn’t even got a cup of tea and had been waiting a while. Seemed to be no real organisation to who was serving who and it was frustrating to see people seated and finish before we had even been served. Breakfast had a lovely selection and was very tasty and service was fantastic the next morning. Staff were very friendly and approachable this particular morning.

In general I would recommend and stay again, as great location, lovely and clean, good size rooms. Communication and service times need a bit of work though.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for your review following your stay at the hotel. We completely take on board your comments regarding the staff and service and are constantly looking at ways we can improve this whilst keeping in line with the restrictions, especially during breakfast service. I am pleased you would recommend us and we really do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 9 June 2021 via mobile

We've always had a foreign break but Covid put the lid on that.
We had 2 sea view rooms which were large & lovely.Felt very safe infection wise.Breakfast was very good & although the service wasn't fast it was friendly & we got all we asked for.Had to book the pool but again got the time we wanted.Slots are 1/2hr.Towels supplied.We ate in 1 night.Again a pleasant meal if a bit unimaginative.The staff were friendly & efficient.Would definitely stay there again .

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 1 June 2021 via mobile

My husband and I chose the Imperial Hotel because when we googled No1 Hotel in Llandudno, it showed up first.
We have travelled extensively and when the price was quoted as £225 per night our expectations were high.
We booked for 2 nights but sadly we were hugely disappointed. Our room, a Superior Double, was very dated, dull and roasting hot.
We spent the 2 nights sleeping on top of the bed.
There were no plug sockets beside the bed but strangely and inexplicably 2 sockets randomly placed in the middle of a wall!
We waited 35mins to be seated for breakfast and as is these days, Covid restrictions was stated as the cause.
I would suggest that guests lower their expectations and they’ll be just fine.

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review, i am sorry that on this occasion your stay didn't meet your expectations but do hope you will consider us for any future visits to Llandudno.