Lock in the lowest price from these sites
FindHotel
Hotels.com
All reviews car park venue cymru a sea view room cooked breakfast single room breakfast was excellent lovely hotel a lovely stay one night stay room was clean and comfortable short stay my mum town centre could not fault lift promenade receptionist
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 September 2020

To start with the hotel is very clean, looks like it's just been repainted, the bed was comfy. I found the room a little small and there were plumbing noises late night and early morning. there is a carpark, but not enough spaces if hotel is full, so pot luck if you get one. The Covid restrictions were all in place and they have a tick list on the door for clean towels, tea coffee milk etc, 2 days out of the 3 i had to phone reception because i did not receive all items ordered,
The Hotel seems to be run by the Chef, the Scottish waiter and the lad that works the bar in the evening, woman on reception was quite miserable never chatted and never smiled.
Breakfasts were good and again the Scottish waiter was very pleasant and did a good job, we did not eat here in the evening because the meal time was to early for us,
Only had one drink sat in the bar due to very limited space, the lounges remained closed due to lack of cleaning staff I believe.
The location of the hotel is great.

Room tip: Try to get a sea view room they may be a bit bigger
2  Thank triciav132016
Reviewed 13 September 2020

The hotel room Was nice, location Was very good, breakfast average but the staff customer service was very poor. Parking was limited so I parked in the middle of the rows and was told very aggressively that it was illegal to park where I had. So duly moved it however if the staff didn’t park on the small car park it could be used by paying guests. When I did get a Parking space and was blocked in, when she moved it, she told me it was only illegal
For residents to park in the middle of the car park. Llandudno was beautiful but reception staff rude .

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Susan D
Reviewed 7 September 2020 via mobile

I took my mum to stay at the Winchmore and chose a sea view room. The room was lovely, spacious and spotless and the view was incredible. We were advised about the services available due to covid 19 and they worked well. All of the staff were very helpful and friendly and nothing was too much trouble. The food was lovely and Geoff the chef made sure that the evening meals ordered by my mum were easy for her to ea and we both enjoyed the meals.

My only negative comment would be that the plumbing was very noisy. We were in room 14 and it was noisy from above (I think).

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 652mandya
Reviewed 3 September 2020

The hotel was nice and clean although parking was a bit tight.
Rooms clean very basic no luxury furnishings but adequate for price.
Breakfast cooked on a budget was not keen on sausage and bacon as we always buy farm produce but catering for a lot of people probably cheap produce is used. Felt like a coach trip type of hotel .Edible Breakfast though and nice Scottish guy serving, in fact probably nicest Cheerful staff person should be on reception as reception lady was helpful but miserable and ready to be on the defence at any comment or question in wrong job.
Overall nice hotel brilliant location but wouldn’t stand out as memorable . Llandudno is run down and obviously suffering Financially and in need of regeneration . Could imagine it was lovely years ago , shame. First time in Wales and last but at least we tried it.

Date of stay: August 2020
Reviewed 1 September 2020

Arrived at Winchmore on Saturday 22nd August, three rooms were booked for one week. Hotel has adapted well to the social distancing measures in seating areas and restaurant which made us feel completely safe.
Rooms were spotlessly clean and due to current situation no maids would be entering rooms. I was impressed with the list on room door to request anything required. i.e. clean towels, toilet rolls,tea & coffee etc you just had to tick off which was simple but effective.
Bed was extreemly comfy and breakfast was good with friendly staff serving.
Overall a spotlessly clean, friendly, reasonably priced accomodating hotel.
Would definately return to should we return to Llandudno in future.

Date of stay: August 2020