4,182 results
All reviews eastbourne centre balcony room sea view modern hotel excellent hotel self service sea front buffet breakfast excellent stay single room reception staff per day weekend break plenty of choice very pleasant stay evening meal comfy bed
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Great lo location close to the pier and easy to walk into town. Good for wheelchair users. All staff did their utmost throughout the stay to go out of their way to be friendly and offer help when asked. Only downside is that parking in the area can be an issue.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 555AL
Matt_Huddart, General Manager at The View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear 555AL,

Thank you for rating the View so highly.

I was pleased you enjoyed your stay and that you found the location of the hotel ideal for visiting all local attractions.

I do hope you managed to take advantage of the permits that are available from reception for a daily charge of £1.00 to ease with the parking.

Thank you for mentioning how helpful and friendly the team were throughout your stay. I will convey your kind comments back to them all.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 17 October 2018

Brilliant hotel, everything is top quality, main bar imaculate, but not cosey feels very cold at night. Not sure why sugar lumps in jars on tables without sugar tongs people using their fingers to get them out very unhygeinic, more sense to use sachets avoids any chance of contamination. Overhall a brilliant hotel and will recommend to friends and family 10/10.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear philsueash,

Thank you for taking time to write a review.

I was delighted you enjoyed your recent stay and that you found the hotel brilliant.

I appreciate all feedback and your suggestions will be reviewed.

Thank you for recommending the View to friends and family.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 17 October 2018

Great hotel, fabulous staff. Rooms with balconies are fantastic - great sea view and lovely to lie in bed listening to the water. Only niggle is that there could have been a better selection of food for vegetarians and vegans.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business

Dear paulined0yle,

Thank you for taking time to share your recent experience at the View.

I was thrilled you enjoyed your visit and that you found the hotel, the view from your balcony and the team fantastic!

We are continuously reviewing our menu offerings and much consideration has been taken into account for vegan and vegetarian options and hopefully on your next visit this will be reflected.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 16 October 2018

couple of small niggles relaying to noisy fans on top floor and size of double rooms food very good staff excellent,hotel refurbishment looks very nice,have booked another date for next year.vic brozdowski

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business

Dear vicb887,

Thank you for taking time to write a review.

I was delighted you enjoyed your recent bridge weekend and I would like to thank you for highlighting the points that made your weekend so memorable.

I would like to apologise if you found the fans noisy and I do hope this didn’t disturb your stay. I will have this matter investigated and reviewed and I thank you for bringing this to my attention.

I look forward to welcoming you back again next year.

Reviewed 16 October 2018

The room was excellent, however after putting my towel in the bath to indicate that I needed a fresh one it was removed by the staff and hung on the towel rail to dry. The hotel policy is inconsistent, eg by claiming to be environmentally friendly over the subject of towels this was not equated to the fact that instead of supplying drinking water glasses in the Bridge Room disposable plastic cups were provided. Plastic is a big issue in the news at present and surely the hotel is able to wash glasses. A further point is that the bed was not made in our room after the first day. There was no 'do not disturb' sign inadvertently left on the outside of the door, so that cannot be the reason.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends

Dear rainej313,

Thank you for taking time to write a review.

I was sorry to learn that your recent stay at the View was marred by a few issues and I would like to offer you my assurances that your experience on this occasion does not reflect the high standards that we strive to achieve.

Your comments and suggestions will be review and I would like to thank you again for your feedback.

I do hope this experience will not deter you from staying at the View in the future.